A Case Study of Hindi–English Example-Based Machine Translation
This paper presents a case study of example-based machine translation system from Hindi to English. We have used OpenNMT, which is an open-source of MIT project, for this purpose. This tool is based on neural machine translation and deep learning methodologies. It is a library for learning, training, and deploying neural machine translation models. It has been observed that the BLEU score of the system is increasing with the increasing number of epochs in the training.
KeywordsNatural language processing Machine translation Deep learning Indic language OpenNMT
- 2.Nadeem Jadoon Khan, Waqas Anwar and Nadir Durrani, Machine Translation Approaches and Survey for Indian Languages, arXiv:1701.04290, (2017).
- 3.Anoop Kunchukuttan, Pratik Mehta and Pushpak Bhattacharyya, The IIT Bombay English-Hindi Parallel Corpus, (2016–2017).Google Scholar
- 4.Ondrej Bojar, Vojtech Diatka, Pavel Rychly, Pavel Straňák Vít Suchomel, Ales Tamchyna and Daniel Zeman, HindEnCorp Hindi-English and Hindi-only Corpus for Machine Translation, (2014).Google Scholar
- 5.Tanzil corpus, http://opus.lingfil.uu.se/Tanzil.php.
- 6.Rico Sennrich, Barry Haddow and Alexandra Birch, Neural Machine Translation of Rare Words with Subword Units, arXiv:1508.07909, (2015).
- 7.Sudip Naskar and Shivaji Bandyopadhyay, Use of Machine Translation in India: Current status, AAMT Journal, (2015) 25–31.Google Scholar
- 8.Mantra machine translation, https://cdac.in/index.aspx?id=mc_mat_mantra_rajbhasha.
- 9.Machine Translation Using UNL based Interlingua Approach, http://www.cfilt.iitb.ac.in/machine-translation/ eng-hindi-mt.
- 10.Lata Gore and Nishigandha Patil, English to Hindi Translation System, In proceedings of Symposium on Translation Support Systems, IIT Kanpur, (2002) 178–184.Google Scholar
- 11.R.M.K. Sinha and A. Jain, AnglaHindi: An English to Hindi Machine-Aided Translation System, International Conference AMTA (Association of Machine Translation in the Americas), (2002).Google Scholar
- 12.Machine Translation of Bilingual Hindi-English (Hinglish) Text, http://www.academia.edu/7986160/Machine_Translation_of_Bilingual_Hindi-English_Hinglish_Text.
- 13.Ananthakrishnan R, Kavitha M, Jayprasad J Hegde, Chandra Shekhar, Ritesh Shah, Sawani Bade and Sasikumar M., MaTra: A Practical Approach to Fully-Automatic Indicative English Hindi Machine Translation, In the proceedings of MSPIL-06, (2006).Google Scholar
- 15.Choudhary, A. Singh, M., (2009), GB theory based Hindi to english translation system, Computer Science and Information Technology, 2nd IEEE International Conference, (2009), 293–297.Google Scholar
- 16.Ruchika A. Sinhal, Kapil O. Gupta, A Pure EBMT Approach for English to Hindi Sentence Translation System, I.J.Modern Education and Computer Science, (2014) 1–8, http://www.mecs-press.org/.
- 17.Shachi Dave, Jignashu Parikh And Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Interlingua based English-Hindi Machine Translation system and Language Divergence, (2003).Google Scholar
- 18.Guillaume Klein, Yoon Kim, Yuntian Deng, Jean Senellart and Alexander M. Rush, OpenNMT: Open-Source Toolkit for Neural Machine Translation, arXiv:1701.02810v2, (2017).
- 19.Graham Neubig, Neural Machine Translation and Sequence-to-sequence Models: A Tutorial, arXiv:1703.01619, (2017) 1–65.
- 20.Yongchao Deng, Jungi Kim, Guillaume Klein, Catherine Kobus, Natalia Segal, Christophe Servan, Bo Wang, Dakun Zhang, Josep Crego and Jean Senellart, SYSTRAN Purely Neural MT Engines for WMT2017, arXiv:1709.03814, (2017).