Translation and Typesetting for Publishers
Translation of books for publication is an active branch in the language service industry. It requires a great amount of know-how in the fields of translation and typesetting technology. CAT tools prove to be useful in book translation, because it can promote the efficiency of translation production, improve the interface of proofreading, enhance the quality assurance mechanism, and save the editing time by providing better typesetting results. Translation projects of books can also be used as an excellent form of training material.
- Austermühl, F. (2012). Electronic tools for translators. Beijing: Foreign Language Teaching and Research Press.Google Scholar
- Bowker, L. (2002). Computer-aided translation technology: A practical introduction. Ottawa: University of Ottawa Press.Google Scholar
- Quah, C. K. (2008). Translation and technology. Shanghai: Shanghai Foreign Language Education Press.Google Scholar
- Xu, B., & Guo, H. M. (2012). Quality assurance in computer-assisted translation environment. Shandong Foreign Languages Journal, (5), 103–108. [徐彬, 郭红梅. (2012). 计算机辅助翻译环境下的质量控制. 山东外语教学 (5), 103–108].Google Scholar
- Xu, B., & Guo, H. M. (2015). Application of translation technology in non-literary translation. Chinese Translators’ Journal, (1), 71–76. [徐彬, 郭红梅. (2015). 基于计算机翻译技术的非技术文本翻译实践. 中国翻译 (1), 71–76].Google Scholar