Kansei Knowledge Extraction as Measure of Structural Heterogeneity
Representative measurements way of affective attributes is the Semantic Differential (SD) method in Kansei evaluation experiments. Structural heterogeneity of the subjective evaluations indicates the heterogeneous evaluation structure of each evaluator, which is presented individually by the specific selected factors. The objective of the structural heterogeneity modeling is not only to extract the general trends but also to identify the diverse individual evaluation structure. In this paper, we propose a Hierarchical Bayes Regression model with Heterogeneous Variable Selection (HBRwHVS), which simultaneously analyses the individual models and identifies the influential explanatory variables based on the framework of the Hierarchical Bayes Regression Modeling. The results offer the relational data between the evaluators and the selected items as carefully chosen explanatory variables. We apply the proposed method to the analysis of sensibility subjective evaluation data on traditional craft and show its effectiveness. After obtaining the estimated values of model parameters, cluster analysis is performed on subjects with the similar evaluation structures as another example of its applications.
KeywordsSemantic Differential method Structural heterogeneity HBRwHVS Clustering Traditional craft
This work is supported by JSPS Grand-in-Aid for Scientific Research(B)18H00904.
- 2.Dhillon, I.S.: Co-clustering documents and words using bipartite spectral graph partitioning. In: Proceedings of the Seventh ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining. pp. 269–274. ACM (2001)Google Scholar
- 11.McLachlan, G., Peel, D.: Finite Mixture Models. Willey Series in Probability and Statistics (2000)Google Scholar
- 13.Osgood, C.E., Suci, G.J., Tannenbaum, P.H.: The Measurement of Meaning. University of Illinois Press (1964)Google Scholar
- 16.Schütte, S.: Engineering emotional values in product design: Kansei engineering in development. Ph.D. thesis, Institutionen för konstruktions-och produktionsteknik (2005)Google Scholar
- 20.Zikopoulos, P., Eaton, C., et al.: Understanding Big Data: Analytics for Enterprise Class Hadoop and Streaming Data. McGraw-Hill Osborne Media, New York (2011)Google Scholar