Application I: Some Conjectures by B. Gross and D. Prasad: Restrictions of Tempered Representations of SO(n + 1, 1) to SO(n, 1)
Inspired by automorphic forms and L-functions, B. Gross and D. Prasad published in 1992 conjectured about the restriction of irreducible tempered representations of special orthogonal groups SO(p + 1, q) to a special orthogonal subgroup SO(p, q).
- 1.J. Adams, D. Barbasch, D.A. Vogan, Jr., The Langlands Classification and Irreducible Characters for Real Reductive Groups. Progr. Math., vol. 104 (Birkhäuser Boston, Boston, MA, 1992)Google Scholar
- 3.J. Arthur, Classifying automorphic representations, in Current Developments in Mathematics 2012 (Int. Press, Somerville, MA, 2013), pp. 1–58Google Scholar
- 12.W.T. Gan, B.H. Gross, D. Prasad, J.-L. Waldspurger, Sur les conjectures de Gross et Prasad. I, in Astérique, vol. 346 (Soc. Math. France, 2012), xi+318 pp.Google Scholar
- 43.T. Kobayashi, B. Speh, Symmetry breaking for orthogonal groups and a conjecture by B. Gross and D. Prasad, in Geometric Aspects of the Trace Formula, Simons Symposia, ed. by W. Müller et al. (Springer, 2018), pp. 245–266. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-94833-1_8. Available also at arXiv:1702.00263. http://arxiv.org/abs/1702.00263 Google Scholar
- 60.D.A. Vogan, Jr., The local Langlands conjecture, in Representation Theory of Groups and Algebras. Contemp. Math., vol. 145 (Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, RI, 1993), pp. 305–379Google Scholar