Metalloxane Cage Compounds as an Element-Block
A titanium phosphonate cluster with a formula of [Ti4(μ3-O)(OiPr)5(μ-OiPr)3(PhPO3)3]·thf was synthesized by the reaction of titanium tetraisopropoxide with phenylphosphonic acid in tetrahydrofuran and the following hydrolysis. The titanium cluster phosphonate was mixed with poly(dimethylsiloxane) (PDMS), poly(methylsilsesquioxane), poly(ethoxysilsesquioxane), poly(methyl methacrylate) (PMMA), poly(vinyl alcohol) (PVA), poly(4-vinylphenol), poly(styrene-co-allyl alcohol), or poly(bisphenol A-co-epichlorohydrin) to form a hybrid film. The mechanical strengths and strains of PDMS hybrids were very low. The tensile strengths and elongations of PMMA hybrids increased with the increase in the titanium cluster concentration. The tensile strengths and elongations of PVA hybrids were highest when the titanium cluster concentration was 10 wt%.
KeywordsElement-block Titanium phosphonate cluster Organic-inorganic hybrid Poly(methyl methacrylate) Poly(vinyl alcohol)
This work was supported by a Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research on Innovative Areas “New Polymeric Materials Based on Element-Blocks (No.2401)” (JSPS KAKENHI Grant Number JP24102008). This work was supported by JSPS KAKENHI Grant Number JP16K17951.
Shinji Ogihara, Ryuta Kitamura, and Ryosuke Matsuzaki are greatly acknowledged for their technical assistance in the tensile strength measurement.
- 5.Bradley DC, Mehrotra RC, Rothwell IP, Singh A (2001) Alkoxo and aryloxo derivatives of metals. Academic, San DiegoGoogle Scholar
- 12.Guerrero G, Mehring M, Mutin PH, Dahan F, Vioux A (1999) Syntheses and single-crystal structures of novel soluble phosphonate- and phosphinato-bridged titanium oxo alkoxides. J Chem Soc Dalton Trans:1537–1538Google Scholar
- 18.Sheldrick GM (1996) SADABS, program for Siemens area detector absorption correction. University of Göttingen, GermanyGoogle Scholar
- 19.Sheldrick GM (1997) SHELXS-97, program for crystal structure solution. University of Göttingen, GermanyGoogle Scholar
- 20.Armarego WLF, Chai C (2012) Purification of laboratory chemicals, 7th edn. Elsevier, OxfordGoogle Scholar
- 25.Adachi K, Hirano T (2008) Good linear relationship between logarithms of Eigen’s water exchange constants for several divalent metal ions and activation energies of corresponding metal-catalyzed alkoxysilane hydrolysis in ethylene-propylene copolymer system. Eur Polym J 44:542–549CrossRefGoogle Scholar