Studies on Increasing Specific Calorific Value of Producer Gas in Auto-gasification of Wooden Pallets by Steam Injection
Gasification is a viable method for converting solid combustibles into gaseous fuel. Auto-gasification is a technique of converting solid combustible into gaseous fuel by bio-oxygen. During auto-gasification, the influence of nitrogen is reduced drastically. This paper further attempts to increase the specific calorific value of admitting steam in the gasification process. This increases the level of hydrogen and reduces the tar formation. The thermal degradation study has been carried out using muffle furnace. Also, the fractural mechanism study on wooden pallets has been evaluated.
KeywordsGasification Auto-gasification Bio-oxygen Calorific value Thermal degradation
The authors gratefully acknowledge UGC for funding the M.Tech. Renewable Energy under Innovative Programme Scheme.
- 5.Subbarayudu K (2002) Liquid fuels from thermochemical conversion of biomass. PhD thesis. Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, IndiaGoogle Scholar
- 7.Gokon N, Izawa T, Kodama T (2014) Steam gasification of coal cokes by internally circulating fluidized-bed reactor by concentrated Xe-light radiation for solar syngas production. Energy 1–9Google Scholar
- 8.Bhavanam A, Sastry RC (2011) Biomass gasification processes in downdraft fixed bed reactors: a review. Int J Chem Eng Appl 2(6):425–433Google Scholar
- 13.Rapagna S, Latif A (1997) Steam gasification fluidised of almond bed reactor: temperature and sheels influence in a of size on product distribution. PIH S0961-9534(96)00079-7Google Scholar
- 14.Yan F, Zhang L, Hu Z, Cheng G, Jiang C, Zhang Y, Xu T, He P, Luo S, Xiao B (2010) Hydrogen-rich gas production by steam gasification of char derived from cyanobacterial blooms (CDCB) in a fixed-bed reactor: influence of particle size and residence time on gas yield and syngas composition. Int J Hydrogen Energy 35:10212–10217CrossRefGoogle Scholar