Laboratory Equipments Used for Host–Plant Resistance Studies
To measure response of arthropods to the host or non-host plants, sensitive and sophisticated equipments have been developed and used for understanding host–plant relationships. To unravel the intricate relationships between the plant and the insects, the use of select equipments has been provided.
KeywordsResponses of arthropods Characteristics of the plant Measurement Equipments
Authors are thankful to Nabuin Zonal Agricultural Research and Development, Uganda, for encouragement and contributors for the other photos which have been included in this chapter.
- Kumar, D., Bhaskar, S., Kuldeep, B., & John, K. (2015). Bio-oil and biodiesel as biofuels derived from microalgal oil and their characterization by using instrumental techniques (pp. 87–95). Algae and Environmental Sustainability, Springer.Google Scholar
- López-Riquelme, G. O., Guzmán-González, C. I., Mendoza-Ángeles, K., & Ramón, F. (2010). Brain and antennal electrical activity in response to odors from Nestmates and non-nestmates in the ant Camponotus atriceps. In Proceeding of: Society for neuroscience 40th annual meeting, 2010.Google Scholar
- Parasuraman, S., Anish, R., Balamurugan, S., Muralidharan, S., Kumar, K. J., & Vijayan, V. (2014). An overview of liquid chromatography-mass spectroscopy instrumentation. Pharmaceutical Methods, 5(2), 47–55.Google Scholar
- Straw Andrew, D., Kristin, B., Neumann Titus, R., & Dickinson Michael, H. (2010). Multi-camera real-time three-dimensional tracking of multiple flying animals, Journal of The Royal Society Interface (pp. 1–15), The Royal Society Publisher.Google Scholar
- Schoonhoven, L. M., Van Loon, J. J. A., & Marcel, D. (2005a). Insect-Plant bioecology (2nd ed.p. 421). Oxford: Oxford University Press.Google Scholar
- Rechcigl, J. A., & Nancy, A. R. (2015). Insect pest management: Techniques for environmental protection (p. 392). Boca Raton: CRC Press.Google Scholar
- Hummel, H. E., & Miller, T. A. (2012). Techniques in pheromone research (p. 464). New York: Springer.Google Scholar
- Pedigo, L. P., & Rice, M.E. (2014) Entomology and pest management (6th ed., p. 742). Singapore: Pearson education Inc.Google Scholar
- Schoonhoven, L. M., Van Loon, J. J. A. & Marcel, D. (2005). Insect-Plant bioecology. Second Edition. Oxoford University Press. pp: 421. Rechcigl, J. A. & Nancy, A. R. (2015). Insect pest management: Techniques for Environmental Protection. CRC Press. pp:392.Google Scholar