Prescribed Performance Control for Robotic Systems with Unknown Dynamics
In this paper, a prescribed performance controller for robotic systems with guaranteed transient and steady-state performance is proposed. A performance function that characterizes the convergence rate, maximum overshoot and steady-state error is employed to construct a new coordinate system. Then, the tracking error of the original system can be retained within a prescribed bound by stabilizing the transformed system. The unknown dynamics are accurately estimated by an estimator. The merit of the estimator is that the structure is simple and only one parameter needs to be tuned. The stability of the control system including the prescribed performance control and the unknown dynamics estimator is proved via Lyapunov theory. Simulation results are carried out to validate the effectiveness of the proposed control scheme.
KeywordsPrescribed performance control Nonlinear control Robotic system
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (grant 61573174).
- 1.F.L. Lewis, D.M. Dawson, C.T. Abdallah, Robot Manipulator Control: Theory And Practice (CRC Press, 2003)Google Scholar
- 2.S. Yuri, E. Christopher, F. Leonid, L. Arie, Sliding Mode Control and Observation (Springer, New York, 2014)Google Scholar
- 3.Y. Jia, Robust control with decoupling performance for steering and traction of 4WS vehicles under velocity-varying motion. IEEE Trans. Control Syst. Technol. 8(3), 554–569 (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Y. Jia, Alternative proofs for improved LMI representations for the analysis and the design of continuous-time systems with polytopic type uncertainty: a predictive approach. IEEE Trans. Autom. Control 48(8), 1413–1416 (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.J. Han, Extended state observer for a class of uncertain plants in Chinese. Control Decision 10(1), 85–88 (1995)Google Scholar
- 10.L. Wang, Y. Li, J. Na, G. Gao, Q. Chen, Nonlinear servo motion control based on unknown input observer, in Proceedings of 2016 Chinese Intelligent Systems Conference, Vol. 405, (Springer, 2016), pp. 541–550Google Scholar
- 15.P.A. Ioannou, J. Sun, Robust Adaptive Control (Upper Saddle River, PTR Prentice-Hall, NJ, 1996)Google Scholar