Auxiliary Rotor Slot Optimization Design for Improving Back-EMF Waveform of PMSM Based on MagneForce
As lots of harmonics are in the back-electromotive force (EMF) of Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor (PMSM), an auxiliary rotor slot is presented to reduce the Total Harmonic Distortion (THD), to improve the waveform of back-EMF, and to make the waveform of it close to sinusoid. A 22 kW 3000 rpm PMSM is simulated by MagneForce software. The simulation results show that the THD is decreased by 48.4%, while the fundamental voltage amplitude is increased by 4.4%, and the waveform is closer to sinusoid after the auxiliary rotor slot is opened.
KeywordsPMSM Back-EMF MagneForce An auxiliary rotor slot
- 2.H. Jing, F. Hongyu, W. Chen, Optimization design of built-in permanent magnet synchronous motor based on Ansoft. J. Sichuan Univ. Sci. Technol. 29(4), 35–38 (2016)Google Scholar
- 3.L. Quanwu, D. Manfeng, L. Zhaojie, Optimization of pole width optimization method for back-EMF waveform of permanent magnet synchronous motor. Micro Motors 40(9), 6–8 (2012)Google Scholar
- 4.B. Wang, Z. Wu, Y. Wang, Z. Hou, Low harmonic high efficiency permanent magnet synchronous machines based on non-uniform magnet slot, in 2011 International Conference on Electrical and Control Engineering, ICECE 2011—Proceedings, pp. 233–236Google Scholar
- 5.J. Youhua, W. Hongwei, Optimization of air gap flux density of permanent magnet synchronous motor based on Ansoft. Micromotor 46(12), 84–87 (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Z. Lei, L. Guang, Analysis of the back-EMF waveform distortion rate of permanent magnet synchronous generator based on Ansoft. Explos. Proof Motor 47(4), 28–31 (2012)Google Scholar