Combination of Porous Ecological Concrete and Geocell in Riverbank Protection
This paper presented a new type of ecological riverbank protection, which was constructed by a combined use of the porous ecological concrete and geocell. The mechanism and construction technology of the ecological riverbank protection were detailed described. Considering the water level, the riverbank protection was divided into three portions: the presented ecological riverbank protection was mainly adopted above the normal water level; the precast concrete block, sand and stone cushion were combined used below the water level; and the jointly used of the dry block stone and water plants was applied in the areas where the water level changes. Since the inclusion of the solid waste and organic matter in the substratum of the ecological cement, this technology is much more suitable for the growth of the plants, and featured the cost-effective and environment-friendly. As a result, the technology can provide maximum resistance to the erode of the water flow on the basis of the high structural stability and ecosystem stability, and has significant potential in the application of riverbank protection.
KeywordsPorous ecological concrete Geocell Ecological riverbank protection Environment-friendly
The financial support of the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 51478166), the financial support sponsored by Qing Lan Project, the National Key R&D program of China (Grant No. 2016YFC0502208) is acknowledged.
- 1.Zhuang Y, Wang KY (2013) Application of microorganisms in riverbank protection to prevent flood disaster. Disaster Adv 6:226–232Google Scholar
- 2.Zheng DG, Xie XP, Liu SH (2012) Application of eco-concrete slope protection and virescence construction technique of perfusion-based vegetation membrane to hydraulic engineering revetment. Water Resour Hydropower Eng 43(2):26–29Google Scholar
- 5.Ting F, Jia YJ (2008) Application of ecological river bank protection technologies in Urban river regulation. China Water Wastewater 20:58–60Google Scholar
- 8.He J, Ivanov V, Chu J (2013) Mitig Liq Satur Sand Using Biogas 63(4):267–275Google Scholar
- 10.Yadav M, Agnihotri AK, Priyadarshee A, Dhane G (2014) Application of geocells in reinforcement of soil: a review. J Civ Eng Environ Technol 1(5):60–64Google Scholar
- 11.Dash SK, Reddy PDT, Raghukanth STG (2008) Subgrade modulus of geocell-reinforced sand foundations. Proc Inst Civ Eng Improv 161(2):79–87Google Scholar