Equations of State for Various Dimensional Hard Hyper-sphere Fluids
We confirm the observations of Luban and Michel [Phys Rev A41:6796 (1990)] in five and Santos et al. [J Chem Phys 120:9113 (2004)] in seven dimensions that the equation of state fits the computer simulation data nearly as well as any other proposed form of equation of state for hard hyper-sphere fluids. We also confirm the observations of Song, Mason, and Stratt [J Phys Chem 93:6916 (1989)] that their theoretical predictions in terms of pair correlation functions in all the dimensions fits the computer simulation data very well.
- 1.Luban M, Bram A (1988) Third and fourth virial coefficients of hard hyperspheres of arbitrary dimensionality. J Chem Phys 6:1976Google Scholar
- 3.Lyberg I (2008) The fourth virial coefficient of a fluid of hard spheres in odd dimensions. Cond Mat Stat Mech 2:11794–13840Google Scholar
- 5.McCoy BM, Clisby N (2005) New results for virial coefficients of hard spheres in D dimensions. Pramana Ind Acad Sci 64(5):775–783Google Scholar
- 18.Amros J, Solana JR, Villar E (1989) Equations of state for four and five dimensional hard hypersphere Fluids. Phys Chem Liq 19:119–124Google Scholar
- 22.Santos A (2008) An equation of state Carnahan-Starling for a five-dimensional fluid of hard hyperspheres. J Stat Mech 8:1–3Google Scholar
- 23.Robles M, de Haro ML, Santos A (2008) Equation of state of a seven-dimensional hard-sphere fluid. Percus-Yevick theory and molecular dynamics simulations. Cond Mat Stat Mech 129:014510Google Scholar