The Innovative Aid Mode of Agriculture Going Global to Promote Investment: CGCOC and Jiangxi Ganliang
Taking CGCOC Agriculture Development Co., Ltd. and Jiangxi Ganliang Industrial Co., Ltd. as examples, this chapter analyzes the development phases and different stages of aid intervention and investment. The chapter emphasizes the importance of local agricultural development and market demands in investment and aid, and describes the combination of “demonstration center, cooperative, and training.” Finally, it proposes several innovative models, as follows: establishing an agriculture platform for going global combined with mortgage investment and aid; creating a mechanism foragricultural infrastructure development and investment; forming a multilevel and differentiated agricultural assistance system; and building a conversion (transfer) mode for aid and agriculture projects.
- Chen Yan, Ma Liling and Zhong Changbiao (2012) ‘The Decisive Factors of China’s Investment in Africa: Analysis of Experience from the Perspective of Integrating Resources and Systems,’ World Economy, 10: 81–112.Google Scholar
- Wang Hui, Gan Xiaojun and Liu Chao (2013) ‘Research on the Impact of International Bilateral Development Aid on FDI based on the Case Study of 17 OECD Countries’ Development Aid to China,’ International Trade Issues, 6: 115–23.Google Scholar
- Hu Bing, Ding Xiangping and Deng Fuhua (2015) ‘Can China’s Aid to Africa Boost Investment in Africa?,’ Modern Economic Research, 1: 67–73.Google Scholar
- Huang Jianhui (2013) ‘Exploring the New Mechanism of Going Global – Building the Strategic Corporate Platform of Financing and Investment to Promote the Infrastructure Development of Asian, African and Latin American Countries,’ First Finance Daily, 5.Google Scholar
- Yang Yi, Zhu Zidong, Chen Ruijian et al. (2015) ‘Research on the Innovation of the Modes of Financial Support for Agriculture Going Global,’ New Finance Review, 10: 128–38.Google Scholar