ZedBoard-FPGA Control of the DFIG Based Wind Power System
This work deals with the field oriented control of the doubly fed induction generator (DFIG) based wind energy conversion system using ZedBoard-FPGA. Most of previous works use very expensive embedded processor to control the doubly fed like Dspace. Using ZedBoard-FPGA reduces the cost of the complete system. This is a quick way to create hardware/software for different algorithm using Simulink. Simulation results show the performance of the field oriented control of DFIG, and experiment results present an overview of this control using ZedBoard-FPGA compared to simulation.
KeywordsDFIG ZedBoard FPGA FOC Turbine emulator HDL
The authors would like to thank all researchers and professors of the electrical department of Mohammadia School of Engineers.
- Abulanwar, S., Chen, Z., & Bak-Jensen, B. (2013). Study of DFIG wind turbine fault ride-through according to the Danish grid code. In 2013 IEEE Power Energy Society General Meeting (pp. 1–5), Vancouver, BC.Google Scholar
- Amin, I. K., & Uddin, M. N. (2017). MPPT based efficiently controlled DFIG for wind energy conversion system. In 2017 IEEE International Electric Machines and Drives Conference (IEMDC) (pp. 1–6), Miami, FL.Google Scholar
- Amrane, F., Chaiba, A., Francois, B., & Babes, B. (2017). Experimental design of stand-alone field oriented control for WECS in variable speed DFIG-based on hysteresis current controller. In 2017 15th International Conference on Electrical Machines, Drives and Power Systems (ELMA) (pp. 304–308), Sofia, Bulgaria.Google Scholar
- Azzaoui, M. E., Mahmoudi, H., Bossoufi, B., & Ghamrasni, M. E. (2016a). Emulation of wind conversion chain equipped with a doubly fed induction generator. In 2016 International Symposium on Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering (ISFEE) (pp. 1–6), Bucharest, Romania.Google Scholar
- Azzaoui, M. E., Mahmoudi, H., & Ed-dahmani, C. (2016b). Backstepping control of a doubly fed induction generator integrated to wind power system. In 2016 International Conference on Electrical and Information Technologies (ICEIT) (pp. 306–311), Tangier, Morocco.Google Scholar
- Azzaoui, M. E., Mahmoudi, H., & Ed-Dahmani, C. (2016c). Backstepping control of the doubly fed induction generator using Xilinx system generator for implementation on FPGA. In 2016 5th International Conference on Multimedia Computing and Systems (ICMCS) (pp. 599–604), Marrakesh, Morocco.Google Scholar
- Azzaoui, M. E., Mahmoudi, H., Ed-Dahmani, C., & Boudaraia, K. (2016d). Comparing performance of PI and sliding mode in control of grid connected doubly fed induction generator. In 2016 International Renewable and Sustainable Energy Conference (IRSEC) (pp. 769–774), Marrakech, Morocco.Google Scholar
- El Azzaoui, M., & Mahmoudi, H. (2015). Modeling and control of a doubly fed induction generator base wind turbine system optimizition of the power. Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology, 80(2), 304–314.Google Scholar
- Yaramasu, V., & Wu, B. (2017). Control of DFIG WECS with voltage source converters (pp. 512–). Hoboken: Wiley/IEEE Press.Google Scholar