The Relationship Between Local Employment Growth and Regional Economic Growth: Evidence from Korea
Job creation and economic growth are considered as main issues in economic policies around the world. Specifically Korea has experienced low and jobless economic growth in the recent past. Employment problem is one of the sensitive issues framing national and regional economic policies in Korea. In this context, it is important to capture the relationship between the employment and economic growth in any Korean regional economy.
- Ball, L. M., Leigh, D., and Loungani, P. 2013.Okun’s law: Fit at fifty?, NBER working paper Series No. 18668, National Bureau of Economic Research.Google Scholar
- Kim, B. 2012. Do technological innovations cause jobless growth? The Korean Economic Review 60 (3): 5–54.Google Scholar
- Pedroni, P. 2001. Fully modified OLS for heterogeneous cointegrated panels, In Nonstationary panels, panel cointegration, and dynamic panels. Emerald Group Publishing Limited 15: 93–130.Google Scholar
- StataCorp, L. P. 2005. Stata base reference manual (Vol. 2).Google Scholar
- Stolbov, M. 2015. Causality between credit depth and economic growth: Evidence from 24 OECD countries, BOFIT Discussion Paper, No.15, 1-32.Google Scholar