Social Capital: The Innovation Culture
The chapter deals with how to set about an innovation culture in an organization. It explores some of the key components for an innovation social capital in an organization, such as ambidextrous thinking and intrapreneurship (which includes customer centricity). It also takes a close look at other important factors such as mastering complexity, using data, securing innovations, resource utilization, and so on.
KeywordsInnovation culture Social Capital Ambidextrous thinking Intrapreneurship Resource utilization Data literacy Profit center Qualcomm Cybersecurity Complexity Asymmetry Pareto Hackathon Synergy IP—Intellectual property
- Birudavolu, S. (2015). Open Innovation in ICT: An Empirical Assessment of Global Telecommunications Services. Unpublished thesis submitted for PhD at Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, New Delhi.Google Scholar
- Fasnacht, D. (2009). Open Innovation in the Financial Services: Growing Through Openness, Flexibility, and Customer Integration. Berlin: Springer Verlag. eBook ISBN 978-3-540-88231-2, Hardcover ISBN 978-3-540-88230-5, Softcover ISBN 978-3-642-09996-0.Google Scholar
- Hamel, G., & Prahalad, C. K. (1996). Competing for the Future. Harvard Business School Press, ISBN-10: 0875847161, ISBN-13: 978-0875847160.Google Scholar
- Looper, Christian De. (2017, December 24). Apple vs. Qualcomm: Everything You Need to Know, Digital Trends. Retrieved from www.digitaltrends.com/business/apple-vs-qualcomm-news.
- Martina, Michael and Nellis, Stephen, July 25 2018, Qualcomm ends $44 billion NXP bid after failing to win China approval, Reuters, https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nxp-semicondtrs-m-a-qualcomm/qualcomm-ends-44-billion-nxp-bid-afterfailing-to-win-china-approval-idUSKBN1KF193.
- Miller, J. A. (2016, January). The Real Cost Of Unused Software Will Shock You. CIO. Retrieved from https://www.cio.com/article/3024420/software/the-real-cost-of-unused-software-will-shock-you.html.
- Roberts, E. B. (2002, April). Innovation: Driving Product, Process, and Market Change (1st ed.). Jossey-Bass, ISBN-10: 0787962139, ISBN-13: 978-0787962135.Google Scholar
- Sony Pictures Hack. (2014). Retrieved from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Pictures_hack.
- Sun, L. (2017, November). Will 2018 Be Qualcomm Inc’s Best Year Yet?, Motley Fool. Retrieved from www.fool.com/investing/2017/11/28/will-2018-be-qualcomm-incs-best-year-yet.aspx.
- Viviano, F. (2017, September). This Tiny Country Feeds the World. National Geographic. Retrieved from https://www.nationalgeographic.com/magazine/2017/09/holland-agriculture-sustainable-farming/.