The China Miracle: Facts and Process
Karl Marx and Fredrick Engels write in the Communist Manifesto, “the bourgeoisie, during its rule of scare one hundred years, has created more massive and more colossal productive forces than have all preceding generations together.” Now in a similar tone a scholar claims that “[t]he country has accomplished in three decades what many developing nations have taken half a century or more to achieve.”
- Andrew Scobell, China and Strategy Culture, Honolulu: University Press of the Pacific, 2002.Google Scholar
- CPC History Research Center of the CPC Central Committee. 2011. A History of the Communist Party of China, Vol. 2. CPC History Press.Google Scholar
- David C. Gompert, Astrid Cevallos, Cristina L. Garafola, War with China Thinking Through the Unthinkable, Published by the RAND Corporation, Santa Monica, Calif., 2016. http://www.rand.org/content/dam/rand/pubs/research_reports/RR1100/RR1140/RAND_RR1140.pdf.
- Derek M. Scissors, Will China’s economy be #1 by Dec. 31? (And does it matter?), 1st May, 2014. http://www.aei.org/article/economics/international-economy/will-chinas-economy-be-1-by-dec-31-and-does-it-matter.
- Fairbank, J. 1985. The Cambridge History of China: The Late Ch’ing, 1800–1911. Trans. by Institute of History Studies, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences. China Social Sciences Press.Google Scholar
- Guthrie, D., China and Globalization: The Social, Economic and Political Transformation of Chinese Society, Routledge, 2012.Google Scholar
- Hu, Huawei. 2004. Fiction and reality: Folklore, history memory and “archeology of knowledge” of social history. Jiangsu Social Sciences, No. 6, pp. 162–166.Google Scholar
- Information Office of the State Council of China. 1991. Human Rights in China. November, 1991. http://www.scio.gov.cn/zfbps/ndhf/1991/Document/308017/308017.htm.
- Information Office of the State Council of China. 2011. China’s Peaceful Development. September, 2011. http://politics.people.com.cn/GB/1026/15598619.html.
- Jacques, M., When China Rules The World: The End of the Western World and the Birth of a New Global Order [Greatly Expanded and Fully Updated], Penguin Books Limited, 2012.Google Scholar
- Jeffrey Frankel, “China is not yet number one”, 9th May, 2014, http://www.voxeu.org/article/china-not-yet-number-one.
- Jérémie Cohen-Setton, “China’s GDP (PPP) to surpass the United States?”. 12th May, 2014, http://www.bruegel.org/nc/blog/detail/article/1328-blogs-review-chinas-gdp-ppp-to-surpass-the-united-states/.
- Kevin Rudd. “China under Xi Jinping: Alternative Futures for U.S.-China Relations”, Match 2015, http://csis.org/files/publication/150313_rudd_speeches.pdf.
- Kynge, J., China Shakes the World: A Titan’s Rise and Troubled Future - And the Challenge for America, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2007.Google Scholar
- Licbcrthal, K. 2010. Governing China. Trans. by Hu Guocheng and Zhao Mei. China Social Sciences Press.Google Scholar
- Liu, Peilin. 2014. China regaining world No. 1: A historical lesson. China Economic Times. October 16th, 2014.Google Scholar
- Maddison, Angus. 2006. The World Economy: A Millennial Perspective. OECD. p. 263.Google Scholar
- Nolan, P., Is China Buying the World?, Cambridge, UK; Malden, MA: Polity Press, 2012.Google Scholar
- Reuters, “China President Xi Jinping Tells Donald Trump the 2 Countries Must Cooperate”, Fortune. November 14, 2016. http://fortune.com/2016/11/14/china-president-xi-jinping-donald-trump-cooperation/Robert.
- Stavrianos, L. 2005. A Global History. Trans. by Dong Shuhui et al. Peking University Press, p. 580.Google Scholar
- Stephen G. Brooks and William C. Wohlforth, “The Once and Future Superpower: Why China Won’t Overtake the United States”, Foreign Affairs, Volume 95, Number 3, 2016.Google Scholar
- Subramanian, A. and M. Kessler. 2012. China’s Currency Rises in the US Backyard. Financial Times. October 21, 2012.Google Scholar
- Subramanian, A., Eclipse: Living in the Shadow of China’s Economic Dominance, Peterson Institute, 2011.Google Scholar
- Uckert, M.B., China As an Economic and Military Superpower: A Dangerous Combination?, BiblioBazaar, 2012.Google Scholar
- Xi, Jinping. 2014. The Governance of China, Foreign Languages Press.Google Scholar
- Xi, Jinping. 2014. Promoting the Construction of (Shanghai) Free Trade Zone, Strengthening and Innovating Social Governance of Megalopolis. People’s Daily, March 6, 2014.Google Scholar
- Xi, Jinping. 2016. Firm up Confidence and Seek Common Development, Remarks at the Plenary Session of the Eighth BRICS Summit, October 16th, 2016. http://news.xinhuanet.com/2016–10/16/c_1119727543.htm.
- Xi, Jinping. 2016. A New Starting Point for China’s Development, A New Blueprint for Global Growths: speech at B20 summit opening ceremony, September 3, 2016. http://cpc.people.com.cn/n1/2016/0905/c64094-28690521.html.
- Zhang, Yuyan. 2003. The influence of war on economy. International Economic Review, No. 2, pp. 11–13.Google Scholar