Scattering Studies with the DATURA Beam Telescope
High-precision particle tracking devices allow for two-dimensional analyses of the material budget distribution of particle detectors and their periphery. In this contribution, the material budget of different targets is reconstructed from the width of the angular distribution of scattered beam particle at a sample under test. Positrons in the GeV-range serve as beam particles carrying enough momentum to traverse few millimetre thick targets whilst offering sufficient deflection for precise measurement. Reference measurements of the scattering angle distribution of targets of known thicknesses are presented that serve as calibration techniques required for tomographic reconstructions of inhomogeneous objects.
The measurements leading to these results have been performed at the Test Beam Facility at DESY Hamburg (Germany), a member of the Helmholtz Association (HGF).
- 4.Baudot, J., et al.: First test results of MIMOSA-26, a fast CMOS sensor with integrated zero suppression and digitized output. In: Nuclear Science Symposium Conference Record 2009, pp. 1169–1173. IEEE (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Cussans, D.G.: Description of the JRA1 Trigger Logic Unit (TLU), v0.2c. Technical report (2009). Accessed 21 Apr 2015Google Scholar
- 6.Perrey, H.: EUDAQ and EUTelescope – software frameworks for testbeam data acquisition and analysis. In: Technology and Instrumentation in Particle Physics, PoS(TIPP2014), p. 353 (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.EUDAQ Software Developers. EUDAQ Website. http://eudaq.github.io. Accessed 22 June 2017
- 8.Diener, R., Meyners, N., Potylitsina-Kube, N., Stanitzki, M.: Test Beams at DESY. http://testbeam.desy.de. Accessed 26 July 2016
- 9.Bulgheroni, A., et al.: EUTelescope, the JRA1 Tracking and Reconstruction Software: A Status Report (Milestone). Technical report (2008). Accessed 22 June 2017Google Scholar
- 10.EUTelescope Software Developers. EUTelescope Website. http://eutelescope.desy.de. Accessed 22 June 2017
- 11.Patrignani, C., Particle Data Group: Review of particle physics. Chin. Phys. C 40(10), 100001 (2016)Google Scholar
- 14.Schütze, P., Jansen, H.: Feasibility study of a track-based multiple scattering tomography. In: These proceedings (2018)Google Scholar
- 15.Bisanz, T., Morton, A., Rubinskiy, I.: EUTelescope 1.0: Reconstruction Software for the AIDA Testbeam Telescope. AIDA-NOTE-2015-009 (2015). https://cds.cern.ch/record/2000969