Writing Thesis for Doctor of Philosophy Course
This short review describes the roles and responsibilities of the PhD candidate, the guide/supervisor and the doctoral committee.
Students will be able to get an overview of the process of PhD thesis writing.
This review will provide the necessary information required for submission of the synopsis.
This will provide the necessary information regarding the submission of thesis followed by the viva-voce.
There are no conflicts of interest.
- 1.Sternberg D. How to complete and survive a doctoral dissertation. New York: St. Martin’s Press; 1981.Google Scholar
- 2.Ruger S. How to write a good PhD thesis and survive the viva. Knowledge media institute. Kents Hill: The Open University; 2016.Google Scholar
- 3.Guidelines for degree of doctor of philosophy 2016–19. Puducherry: JIPMER; http://jipmer.puducherry.gov.in.
- 4.Khan KS, Kunz R, Kleijnen J, Antes G. Systematic reviews to support evidence-based medicine. How to review and apply findings of health care research. London: RSM Press; 2003.Google Scholar
- 7.Phillips EM, Pugh DS. How to get a Ph.D.: a handbook for students and their supervisors. 2nd ed. Buckingham: Open University Press; 1994.Google Scholar
- 8.Chandrasekhar R. How to write a thesis: a working guide. The University of Western Australia. http://www.student.uwa.edu.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0007/1919239/How-to-write-a-thesis-A-working-guide.pdf
- 9.Giesler M, Boeker M, Fabry G, Biller S. Importance and benefits of the doctoral thesis for medical graduates. GMS J Med Educ. 2016;33(1):8.Google Scholar