Writing Thesis for Sub-speciality Courses in Medicine
The need to strengthen research at super speciality level.
Research work as a part of sub-speciality postgraduate curriculum—The MCI requirements.
Differences in the requirements of thesis writing in different universities at sub-speciality level courses.
- Variability in the conduct and assessment of dissertation/research project in different universities at sub-speciality level courses.
Types of studies permitted as thesis work.
Monitoring of research work.
Impediments faced by the student in carrying out research work.
Timelines for dissertation protocol and final thesis submission.
Method of assessment of the research work.
- 3.Nagarajani R. Study reveals poor state of medical research—the Times of India [Internet]. [cited 2017 Sep 2]. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Study-reveals-poor-state-of-medical-research/articleshow/51920662.cms
- 4.Scimago Institutions Rankings [Internet]. [cited 2017 Sep 2]. http://www.scimagoir.com/rankings.php.
- 5.The Medical Council of India. Postgraduate Medical Education Regulations 2000 [cited 2017 Aug 31]. https://www.mciindia.org/documents/rulesAndRegulations/Postgraduate-Medical-Education-Regulations-2000.pdf.
- 6.The All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. AIIMS-Syllabus. [cited 2017 Sep 2]. http://www.aiims.edu/aiims/academic/aiims-syllabus/Syllabus%20-%20DM%20%20M%20Ch.pdf.
- 7.The National Board of Examinations, Delhi. Surgical oncology curriculum. [cited 2017 Aug 31]. http://www.natboard.edu.in/notice_for_dnb_candidates/Surgical%20Oncology%20currciculum%20final.pdf.
- 8.Indian Council of Medical Research. Ethical guidelines for biomedical research on human subjects. [cited 2017 Sep 3]. http://www.icmr.nic.in/ethical_guidelines.pdf.