Objectives of Writing Thesis
The aim of writing thesis or dissertation is to develop a research mindset, which promotes scientific curiosity.
Thesis writing helps in the development of project management skills, to build up the scientific report writing skills and to build up the credibility amongst peers and scientific community.
Well-executed theses could often be presented in conferences and/or published in journals.
Conduct of a scientific inquiry, in a structured manner, will help the student pursue a research career in future.
- 1.Anglin GJ, Ross SM, Morrison GR. Inquiry in instructional design and technology: getting started. In: Anglin GJ, editor. Instructional technology: past, present and future. 2nd ed. Englewood: Libraries Unlimited; 1995.Google Scholar
- 2.Zaidi S, Nasir M. Teaching and learning methods in medicine. Springer; 2015.Google Scholar
- 3.Honors Thesis. The interdisciplinary program in archaeology. [Document on the Internet]. Washington University in St. Louis: 2017 [cited 2017 Nov 5]. http://www.archaeology.artsci.wustl.edu.
- 4.Borges A. Should you write an honors thesis? Ácademics. [Document on the Internet]. Intern with HER CAMPUS 2014 [cited 2017 Nov 5]. http://www.hercampus.com/life.
- 5.Himeles D. Thesis writing benefits. [Document on the Internet]. CLASSROOM; Leaf Group Ltd. 2017 [cited 2017 Nov 5]. http://www.classroom.synonym.com.
- 7.Giesler M, Boeker M, Fabry G, Biller S. Importance and benefits of the doctoral thesis for medical graduates. GMS J Med Educ. 2016;33(1):Doc 8.Google Scholar
- 8.Larick D, Carter M. Graduate student learning outcomes at the masters and doctoral level. In: Assessment and review of graduate programs. 2nd ed. Council of Graduate Schools: Washington; 2011.Google Scholar