Study on the Relationship Between Highway Freight Volume and Industrial Structure in China on VAR Model
Transportation has played an important supporting role in the development of the national economy. Road transport is the pillar area of the transportation industry. Research on the Relationship between Highway Freight Volume (HFV) and Industrial Structure, it can provide theoretical support for the rational development of road freight advance strategy. This chapter analyzes the Relationship between (HFV) and the Primary Industry (PI), Secondary Industry (SI) and Tertiary Industry (TI), a smooth series of data were established by taking logarithms and eliminating singular data, using the Vector Autoregressive model (VAR) for analysis. This chapter also does the analysis of the cointegration test, Granger causality test, and impulse response functions, and get the relationship between HFV and PI, SI, and TI.
KeywordsVAR model Highway freight volume Industrial structure Granger causality test Impulse response function
- 1.Liu C, Sun K, Zhang Q (2011) Study on the relationship between traffic volume and economy development in Nanjing City based on VAR model. J Wuhan Univ Technol (Transp Sci Eng) 35(5):1058–1062Google Scholar
- 2.Lyu J, Fan W (2016) Example analysis on relationship between transport demand and GDP based on VAR model. Technol Econ Areas Commun 18(2):52–55Google Scholar
- 3.Peng C, Cheng F (2009) Transportation, income, holiday policies and domestic tourism income growth—based on VAR model. J Central S Univ For Technol (Soc Sci) 3(5):78–82Google Scholar
- 4.Ren R, Cheng L, Xie Z, Zong G (2012) Dynamic effect analysis on the relationship of transport infrastructure investment and economic development in China based on VAR model. Sci Technol Manage Res 32(4):85–89Google Scholar
- 5.Sun X, Chen X, Gao Y (2016) Correlation analysis of traffic performance index and bus performance index with econometric model. J Harbin Inst Technol 48(3):60–65Google Scholar