The Biomaterial Surface Nanoscaled Electrical Potential Promotes Osteogenesis of the Stromal Cell
- 1.6k Downloads
The calcium phosphate coating was provided onto the titanium substrate because of the nanoarc coatings technology. Both surface morphology and electrical charge of the coating were measured at the nano/micro-scaled lateral resolution. The negative electrical potential was typical for sockets, however the positive one to the peaks of the roughness. The cells were mainly attached at the negatively charged sockets. The cells expressed both osteocalcin and alkaline phosphatase that are the osteoblastic molecular markers.
KeywordsSurface morphology Surface electrical potential Human mesenchymal cells Oeteogsteogenesis
The authors wish to thank K.V. Zaitsev (Stem Cell Bank Ltd., Tomsk, Russia) for the cell line provision and Rafael Manory for assistance in preparing this article for submission. The work has been partially financially supported by the Russian Science Foundation, Project No. 16-15-10031 (in part of cell culturing in vitro).
Declaration of the Conflict Interest
The authors do not have the conflict of interests.
- 1.SCOPUS, 2018.29.01.Google Scholar
- 2.B. D. Ratner et. al Biomaterials science, Academic press 1996, 484.Google Scholar
- 3.Derjaguin B.V., Landau L.D. Acta Physic Chimica, USSR, 1941, 14, 633–642.Google Scholar
- 4.London F., Properties’ and application of molecular forces. – Ztschr. Phys. Chem., 1930, Bd 11, 222–251.Google Scholar
- 5.Sharkeev Yu.P., Legostaeva E.V., Eroshenko A.Yu., Khlusov I.A., Kashin O.A. The structure and physical and mechanical properties of a novel biocomposite material, nanostructured titanium-calcium-phosphate coating. Compos Interfac. 2009; 16: 535–46.Google Scholar
- 6.Legostaeva E.V., Kulyashova K.S., Komarova E.G., Epple M., Sharkeev Y.P., Khlusov I.A. Physical, chemical and biological properties of micro-arc deposited calcium phosphate coatings on titanium and zirconium-niobium alloy. Mat -wiss u Werkstofftech 2013; 44: 188–97. https://doi.org/10.1002/mawe.201300107.
- 7.Akmene R.J., Balodis A.J., Dekhtyar Yu.D., Markelova G.N., Matvejevs J.V., Rozenfelds L.B., Sagaloviąs G.L., Smirnovs J.S., Tolkaąovs A.A., Upmiņš A.I. Exoelectron emission specrometre complete set of surface local investigation. Poverhnost, Fizika, Himija, Mehanika (in Russian), 1993; 8:125–8.Google Scholar
- 8.Khlusov I.A., Shevtsova N.M., Khlusova M.Y. Detection in vitro and quantitative estimation of artificial microterritories which promote osteogenic differentiation and maturation of stromal stem cells. Methods Mol Biol. 2013; 1035:103–19. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-62703-508-8_9.
- 9.Culture of animal cells: A manual of basic techniques, 5th edition, Ed. R. Ian Freshney. -N.Y.: John Wiley & Sons, 2005, p. 580.Google Scholar