A Parallel Algorithm to Hide an Image in an Image for Secured Steganography
Recent developments in computer security have shown that compared to cryptography, steganography is a better way of securing messages. With the advantages offered by parallel computing platforms, a large secret image can be efficiently hidden in another image. This parallelism is achieved in steganography using the OpenCL parallel programming technique. The speed-up improvement obtained is very good with reasonably good output signal quality, even when a large amount of data is processed. The aim of this work is to analyze steganography algorithms and to show how the 24-bit color image of a carrier can be used to hide a secret image. We compare the results by calculating peak signal-to-noise ratio (PSNR), mean squared error (MSE), analysis of histogram and speedup achieved when a large amount of data is processed.
KeywordsSteganography Stego-image LSB parallel algorithm PSNR MSE Histogram
- 1.Nani Koduri. 2011. Information security through image steganography using least significant bit algorithm. MSc dissertation, University of East London.Google Scholar
- 2.Sharma, Vipul, and Sunny Kumar. 2013. A new approach to hide text in images using steganography. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering 3 (4): 701–708.Google Scholar
- 3.Tiwari, Anjali, Seema Rani Yadav, and N.K. Mittal. 2014. A review on different image steganography techniques. International Journal of Engineering and Innovative Technology 3 (7): 121–124.Google Scholar
- 7.Gaster, Benedict, Lee Howes, and David R. Kaeli. 2012. Heterogeneous computing with OpenCL, 2nd ed. Elsevier Publications.Google Scholar
- 8.Jyothi Upadhya, K., U. Dinesh Acharya, S. Hemalatha. 2013. Speed-up improvement using parallel approach in image steganography. In The second international conference on information technology convergence and services, 125–136. https://doi.org/10.5121/csit.2013.3913.
- 9.Jyothi Upadhya, K., U. Dinesh Acharya, and S. Hemalatha. 2014. A parallel approach for image steganography using OpenCL in GPU based systems. In International conference on graph algorithms, high performance implementations and applications, 621–632.Google Scholar
- 10.Greca, Silvana, and Edlira Martiri. 2012. Wu-Lee steganographic algorithm on binary images processed in parallel. International Journal of Video & Image Processing and Network Security 12 (3): 1–4.Google Scholar