Examination of Sense Significance in Semantic Web Services Discovery
This chapter presents the work in progress on a hybrid approach-based generic framework for semantic web services (SWSs) discovery. The novelty of this generic framework is its pertinence and coverage for diverse semantic formalisms, natural language processing of service descriptions and user queries, classification of services, and deposition of classified services to a repository known as a concept-sense knowledge base (CSKb). This manuscript investigates the significance of senses, which are extracted either from SWS concepts or user query concepts by means of natural language processing techniques. The examination of sense significance is based upon a set of three experiments on OWLS-TC V4. The experimental evaluation signifies that the senses together with concepts substantially improve the ultimate semantic similarity score in the match-making process.
KeywordsConcept-sense knowledge base Natural language processing Semantic web services SWS discovery
- 3.Pathak, J., N. Koul, D. Caragea, and V.G. Honavar. 2005. A framework for semantic web services discovery. In 7th ACM international workshop on web information and data management, 45–50, ACM Press, New York. https://doi.org/10.1145/1097047.1097057.
- 4.Zhang, C., D. Zhu, Y. Zhang, and M. Yang. 2007. A web service discovery mechanism based on immune communication. In Convergence information technology, 456–461, IEEE press, New York. https://doi.org/10.1109/iccit.2007.1.
- 5.Ying, L. 2010. Algorithm for semantic web services clustering and discovery. In Communications and mobile computing, 532–536, IEEE Press, New York. https://doi.org/10.1109/cmc.2010.90.
- 6.Liu, Y., and Z. Shao. 2010. A framework for semantic web services annotation and discovery based on ontology. In Informatics and Computing, 1034–1039, IEEE Press, New York. https://doi.org/10.1109/pic.2010.5688008.
- 7.Farrag, T.A., A.I. Saleh, H.A. Ali. 2011. ASWSC: Automatic semantic web services classifier based on semantic relations. In Computer Engineering & Systems, 283–288, IEEE Press, New York. https://doi.org/10.1109/icces.2011.6141057.
- 10.Hammami, R., H. Bellaaj, A.H. Kace. 2016. A novel approach for semantic web service discovery. In Enabling technologies: Infrastructure for collaborative enterprises, 250–252, IEEE Press, New York. https://doi.org/10.1109/wetice.2016.62.
- 11.Dietze, S., A. Gugliotta, J. Domingue. 2008. Towards context-aware semantic web service discovery through conceptual situation spaces. In Context enabled source and service selection, integration and adaptation, p. 6, ACM Press, New York. https://doi.org/10.1145/1361482.1361488.
- 14.Banerjee, S., T. Pedersen. 2003. Extended gloss overlaps as a measure of semantic relatedness. In 18th joint conference on artificial intelligence, 805–810, Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, San Francisco.Google Scholar
- 15.OWLS- TC V4. Retrieved June 2017, from http://projects.semwebcentral.org/frs/?group_id=89&release_id=380.