Education, Science, and Technology
Chapter 3, “Education, Science and Technology,” was written by the late Zhuang Dianzhou in the original work and translated by Ye Qingfen for this book. The chapter presents ancient China’s achievements in education, educational thought, and its representative educators; it also outlines the evolution of Chinese science and technology, with a focus on spectacular records in various scientific and technological fields after the establishment of the People’s Republic.
- Fang, Xiaodong, and Li Yufei. 2009. The Last 60 Years of Chinese Education Development. Beijing: China Educaiton News.Google Scholar
- Gao, Qi. 2005. The Treasure Hall of China’s Science and Technology. Jinan: Shangdong University Press.Google Scholar
- Lu, Yongxiang. 2002. A Survey of Chinese Scientific Thoughts in the Last Century. Guangming Daily, 10/17/2002, Beijing.Google Scholar
- Sun, Peiqing. 2000. A History of Chinese Education. Shanghai: East China Normal University.Google Scholar
- Wang, Yusheng. 2002. An Illustrated History of Chinese Science and Technology (1901–2000). Kunming: Yunnan Education Publishing House.Google Scholar
- Xue, Mingyang. 2003. A Brief Introduction to Chinese Traditional Culture. Shanghai: Fudan University Press.Google Scholar