Diosmin was separated from the root of Scrophularia nodosa L., which is applied to treat fever, polydipsia, maculitis, gingivitis, amygdalitis, laryngopharyngitis, acute lymphadenitis, etc. Diosmin is a micronized, purified, flavonoid-structure drug and used as the protecting agent for blood vessel and therapeutic agent for chronic venous disease. It is helpful for lymphatic return and stimulating microcirculation, thus treating hemorrhoids and venous dysfunction by increasing the venous tension. Moreover, the adverse reaction was seldom observed. Thus, it would have great significance in clinical therapy if the application field of diosmin could be enlarged. With further development in its clinical application, the use of diosmin would have a bright future.
KeywordsDiosmin Scrophularia nodosa L. Flavonoid
- 1.Chinese Pharmacopoeia Commission. Pharmacopoeia of the People’s Republic of China 2010 English edition, volume I. Beijing: Chemical Industry Press; 2015.Google Scholar
- 2.Li JS. Authentication of traditional Chinese medicine. Shanghai: China Science and Technology Press; 1996.Google Scholar
- 3.Chen C. The genealogy, phylogeography of Scrophularia ningpoensis Hemsley and phylogeny of East Asian Scrophularia study. Zhejiang University. 2011.Google Scholar
- 4.Dieterling P. Contribution of anorectal manometry to the treatment of hemorrhoids. Phlebologie. 1992;21(Suppl 2):57–60.Google Scholar
- 7.Li FM, Tian XD, Hu GW, et al. The advances in clinical application of Diosmin. Mod J Integr Tradit Chin West Med. 2012;21(6):680–1.Google Scholar