DC Auto-Transformer Traction Power Supply System for DC Railways Application
In DC railways, the running rails are used as the return path for traction current, which inevitably leads to stray current and rail potential issues with poor insulation. However, the effects of existing solutions are limited, so DC auto-transformer (DCAT) traction power supply system (TPSS) is analyzed in this paper to solve the problems of stray current and rail potential fundamentally. Compared with the existing TPSS (E-TPSS), the mathematical analysis and simulation results show that DCAT-TPSS may solve both stray current and rail potential issues, which further reduce the voltage drop and power loss of power supply lines additionally.
KeywordsDC railways DCAT traction power supply system Stray current Rail potential
This work was supported by the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (2017JBM057).
- 6.Liu YC, Chen JF (2005) Control scheme for reducing rail potential and stray current in MRT systems. IEE Proc—Electr Power Appl 152(3):612–618Google Scholar
- 7.Paul D, Guest Author (2016) DC stray current in rail transit systems and cathodic protection. IEEE Ind Appl Mag 22(1):8–13Google Scholar
- 10.Zhang Y (2011) Technology of traction power supply for the fourth traction return rail of transit. Mod Urban Trans 4:8–10 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 11.Fotouhi R, Farshad S, Fazel SS (2009) A new novel DC booster circuit to reduce stray current and rail potential in DC railways. 2009 Compat Power Electron:457–462Google Scholar
- 12.Li Q (2015) Industrial frequency single-phase AC traction power supply system and its key technologies for urban rail transit. J Southwest Jiaotong Univ 50(2):199–207 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 13.Zheng TQ, Yang X, You X (2016) DC auto-transformer based traction power supply system for urban rail transit. Urban Rapid Rail Trans 29(3):91–97 (in Chinese)Google Scholar