The Experimental Research on Color Gamut Transformation Method Based on Different Types of Images
Different color devices can display different color range and the image color passed in different devices can not accurately reproduce too. In order to minimize these differences, the gamut mapping techniques are required. The theories of gamut are basis of the paper and five types of images are mapped, the converted image are evaluated and analyzed to finalize appropriate color gamut mapping method. The experimental results will have a significant meaning for color reproduction and color management.
KeywordsColor gamut Color gamut mapping method Rendering intent
The study is supported by the National Key Scientific Instrument and Equipment Development Project (No. 2013YQ140517).
- 1.Morovic J, Luo MR (1998) The pleasantness and accuracy of gamut mapping algorithms. In: ICPS conference proceedings, pp 39–43Google Scholar
- 2.Mc Can J (1999) Lessons learned from mondrians applied to real images and color gamuts. In: Proceedings of IS &T/SID 7th color imaging, pp 380–393Google Scholar
- 3.Muenger K, Zhu Y, Si L (2002) Compress the color gamut with the marker method. J Wuhan Univ Inf Sci Ed 27(3):321–326Google Scholar
- 4.ICC (2005) ICC Profile Specification 4.1: The file format of ICC Profile [EB/OL]. (2005-09-01) [2005-09-21]. http://www.color.org
- 5.Xu H (2005) Color information engineering. Zhejiang University Press, HangzhouGoogle Scholar
- 6.Hu Y, Zhang X (2011) Test method for performance of display for soft proofing. Printing Mag 3:45–48Google Scholar