Analysis of the Color Appearance Model of CIECAM02 Based on OSA-UCS Data
The visual uniformity of color space has an important influence on the color difference calculation and color gamut mapping algorithm, so it is necessary to make a qualitative and ration evaluation of the spatial visual uniformity of the CIECAM02 color appearance model. On the basis of known CIECAM02 can predict the color appearance in different environments, OSA-UCS data set was used to analyze the degree of uniformity of CIECAM02 color appearance space. Through the experimental samples, select the data set of 13 color samples with the center color sample, and 12 adjacent color samples with equal visual difference. Each quadrant contains five sets of data, a total of forty sets of group data. T after examination and analysis, the uniformity of the fourth quadrant and the eighth quadrant of the yellow and red color space is better than the other color space, while the third and the seventh quadrant of the blue and red color space uniformity is the worst. Therefore, the overall uniformity of the CIECAM02 color space is not good and needs to be optimized.
KeywordsColor appearance space Date Optimized OSA-UCS
This study is funded by School and enterprise cooperation projects in Higher Education (FG2016129), this work is also supported by Project of the National Natural Science Foundation of China (61275172).
- 1.Zhu SY, Luo MR, Cui GH, Rigg B (2002) Comparing different color discrimination data sets. In: Proceeding of the tenth color imaging conference. Color science systems and applications, pp 51–54Google Scholar
- 3.Cai B (2006) Research on some problems of color appearance model CIECAM02. Beijing Institute of Technology, BeijingGoogle Scholar
- 4.Luo MR, Cui G, Li C (2006) Uniform color spaces based on CIECAM02 colour appearance model. Color Res Appl 8:320–330Google Scholar
- 5.Juan LG, Luo MR (2000) New magnitude estimation data for evaluating colour appearance models. Colour Vis Scales NPL, UK 4:3–5Google Scholar
- 9.Deng Q, Wang N (2012) Color management of digital camera based on CIECAM02 color appearance model. Packag Eng 5:115–118Google Scholar
- 10.Liu Z, Meng FY, Xie XT (2009) Visual-Uniformity analysis of CIECAM02 color appearance model optimization. Imaging Sci Photochem. 27(2):128–134Google Scholar
- 11.Lv X, Zhao M (2002) Uniformity of CIELAB color space. J Zhengzhou Univ 34(1):69–73Google Scholar
- 12.Jin XS, Wang HL (2011) From CIELAB color space to the development of CIECAM02 color appearance model. Printing Dyeing 37(12)Google Scholar
- 13.Xie D, Zhu W, Li R (2014) Color image evaluation algorithm based on optimal color space and visual masking. Packag Eng 35(21):86–90, 112Google Scholar
- 14.Dong W, Shi-sheng Z (2008) Application of OSA-UCS model in color space detection. J Wuhan Univ 54(3):321–324Google Scholar
- 15.Li J, Liu Z (2009) Research progress of CIECAM02 color appearance model. Photogr Sci Photochem 27(5):391–398Google Scholar