The historical notes about the beginning of WPAN technologies are introduced in this chapter. The widely used WPANs are the Bluetooth networks, and also its advantages and disadvantages are discussed. Personal communication concepts are considered and included in the WPANs technologies specially Bluetooth technology. It is considered the beginning of personal communications term and its developer also. Finally, the rest of this book contents are also presented.
KeywordsWPANs SIG Personal communications Applications
- 1.IEEE 802.15 Working Group for WPANs. http://ieee802.org/15/
- 2.Lathi BP Modern digital and analog communication systems, 2nd ed. Holt, Rinehart and WinstonGoogle Scholar
- 3.Mettala R (1999) Bluetooth protocol architecture: version 1.0, Bluetooth White Paper, Document # 1.C.120/1.0, 25 Aug 1999Google Scholar
- 4.Bluetooth Special Interest Group (2001) “Specifications of the Bluetooth System”, Version 1.1, Jan 2001Google Scholar
- 5.Mikhalenko PV (2005) Developing wireless bluetooth applications in J2ME. JDJ 10(1). Retrieved on 1 July 2006Google Scholar