A New Target Tracking Method Based on Morphological–Hough Transform
To start the tracking of targets in the environment with heavy clutters is always a problem in radar data procedure. In this paper, a Hough Transform method based on Morphology is proposed to solve the problem of starting track in radar system. This method first uses morphological method to reduce clutter and noise in imagery domain, then use the Hough transform to detect the starting tracks. Simulation results show that the method well detected the short straight lines of target starting track.
KeywordsHough transform Morphological method Target tracking
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China 61201304 and 61201308, It also thanks for the Aerospace Innovation Foundation of China, and the Science and Technology Innovation Project of Harbin under Grant 2013RFQXJ097.
- 1.Zhang, Y.: Edge detection algorithm based on wavelet transform and mathematical morphology. In: Proceedings of the 2011 2nd Asia-Pacific Conference on Wearable Computing Systems and 2011 International Conference on Intelligent Control and Information Technology (ICICIT 2011, V6), vol. 3. Intelligent Information Technology Application Association (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Murat, T.: Digital Video Processing. Tsinghua University Press, Beijing (1998)Google Scholar
- 3.Yongsheng, W.: Research of Edge Detection for Grey-Scale Image Based on Mathematical Morphology (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Marr, D., Hildreth, E.: Theory of edge detection. Proc. D. C. Roy. Soc. London 207, 187–217 (1980)Google Scholar
- 5.Sternberg, S.R.: Grayscale morphology. Comput. Vis. Graph. Image Process. 35(3), 333–355 (1986)Google Scholar
- 6.Jansen, M., Bultheel, A.: Multiple wavelet threshold estimation by generalized cross validation for images with correlated noise. IEEE Trans. Image Process. 8, 947–953 (1999)Google Scholar