Hierarchical Topology Algorithm Based on Type of Service in PON
Passive Optical Network (PON) is a crucial access network which is widely deployed in modern society. With the development of network convergence, PON carries many differentiated services from not only the Internet, but also the telecom, TV broadcasting and smart grid. However, there exists different Quality of Service (QoS) requirements for the different services and it challenges our network on both the routing strategy and network management. Aiming at achieving load balance when there exists multiple services on network, we propose HTA-ToS algorithm, which provides load-balanced routing strategy for every type of service (ToS) while discriminating them according to their QoS requirements in routing process. To verify our algorithm, we design the scheme and implement it in the software defined network (SDN) controller Floodlight. The results show that the algorithms can improve the efficiency of load balance, and fulfill the QoS requirements of ToS to some extent.
KeywordsPON QoS-routing SDN Load balance
This work is supported by National Key R&D Program of China (2016YFB0901200).
- 1.Cisco Visual Networking Index: Forecast Highlights 2011–2016. www.cisco.com
- 2.Wang, Z., Crowcroft, J.: QoS routing for supporting resource reservation. IEEE JSAC 14(7), 1228–1234 (1996)Google Scholar
- 3.Guerin, R., Orda, A.: QoS-based routing in networks with inaccurate information: theory and algorithms. In: IEEE INFOCOM 1997, Japan, April 1997Google Scholar
- 4.Long, H., Shen, Y., Guo, M., Tang, F.: LABERIO: dynamic load-balanced routing in OpenFlow-enabled networks. In: IEEE 27th International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications, April 2013Google Scholar
- 5.Lin, T.-N., Hsu, Y.-M., Kao, S.-Y., Chi, P.-W.: OpenE2EQoS: meter-based method for end-to-end QoS of multimedia services over SDN. In: 2016 IEEE 27th International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications - (PIMRC): Services Applications and Business (2016)Google Scholar
- 8.Koponen, T., et al.: Onix: a distributed control platform for large-scale production networks. In: OSDI, vol. 10 (2010)Google Scholar