Spectrum Access Strategy with Two-Way Cooperation Based on Joint Allocation of Time and Bandwidth
In this paper, a two-way cooperative spectrum access strategy is proposed to optimize the performance of secondary user (SU), which is based on joint allocation of time and bandwidth. In the strategy, the unit transmission time is divided into three time slots. Primary users (PU) communicate with each other in the first two time slots with the help of secondary user. Thus the secondary user can access the spectrum to transmit its own signal in the third time slot. Besides, through joint optimization of time and bandwidth, the transmission rate of secondary user can reach the maximum when the target rate of primary user is guaranteed.
KeywordsSpectrum access Two-way relaying Joint optimization Time and bandwidth Cognitive radio
This work was supported by China National Science Foundation under Grand No. 61402416 and 61601221, Project funded by China Postdoctoral Science Foundation under Grand No. 2017M612027.
- 1.Gesbert, D., Shafi, M., Shiu, D.S.: From theory to practice: an overview of MIMO space-time coded wireless systems. IEEE J. Sel. Areas Commun. 21(3), 281–302 (2003)Google Scholar
- 2.Kolodzy, P.: Spectrum policy task force: findings and recommendations. In: International Symposium on Advanced Radio Technologies, vol. 96, no. 4, pp. 392–393 (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Cranor, L., Wildman, S.: Spectrum management: property rights, markets, and the commons, pp. 193–226. MIT Press (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Mitola, J.I., Maguire, G.Q.J.: Cognitive radio: making software radios more personal. IEEE Pers. Commun. 4(4), 13–18 (1999)Google Scholar
- 5.Jia, M., Gu, X.M., Guo, Q., Xiang, W., Zhang, N.T.: Broadband hybrid satellite-terrestrial communication systems based on cognitive radio towards 5G. IEEE Wireless Commun. 23(6), 96–106 (2016)Google Scholar
- 6.Jia, M., Wang, L.F., Yin, Z.S., Guo, Q., Gu, X.M.: A novel spread slotted ALOHA based on cognitive radio for satellite communications system. EURASIP J. Wireless Commun. Netw. 2016(50), 1–9 (2016)Google Scholar
- 7.Kang, X., Liang, Y.C., Nallanathan, A., Grag, H.K., Zhang, R.: Optimal power allocation for fading channels in cognitive radio networks: Ergodic capacity and outage capacity. IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun. 8(2), 940–950 (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Zhang, Q., Jia, J., Zhang, J.: Cooperative relay to improve diversity in cognitive radio networks. IEEE Commun. Mag. 47(2), 111–117 (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Krikidis, I.: Relay selection for two-way relay channels with MABC DF: a diversity perspective. IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol. 59(9), 4620–4628 (2010)Google Scholar
- 10.Ju, M.C., Kim, I.M.: Relay selection with ANC and TDBC protocols in bidirectional relay networks. IEEE Trans. Commun. 58(12), 3500–3511 (2010)Google Scholar