Combined Denoise-and-Forward and Superposition Coded Physical-Layer Network Coding in Data Length Asymmetric Two-Way Relay Channels
To improve the bit error rate (BER) performance of physical-layer network coding (PNC) in data length asymmetric two-way relay communication systems, a new PNC scheme named combined denoise-and-forward and superposition-based physical-layer network coding (DNF-SC-PNC) is proposed, and the decoding algorithm of the scheme is improved. In the scheme, the mixed information is denoised and superposed in the relay node, which will be broadcasted to destination node. The destination node will use SIC or LLR algorithm decoding. Theoretical analysis and simulation results show that DNF-SC-PNC can provide better BER performance and better throughput rate performance when the data length is asymmetric. Furthermore, we also proved the LLR algorithm can provide better BER performance and better throughput rate performance than SIC algorithm when the data length is asymmetric.
KeywordsPhysical-layer network coding Data length asymmetric SIC algorithm LLR algorithm
This work is supported in part by National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 61401118, No. 61371100 and No. 61671184), Natural Science Foundation of Shandong Province (No. ZR2014FP016), the Foundation of Science and Technology on Communication Networks Key Laboratory, the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (No. HIT.NSRIF.2016100 and 201720) and the Scientific Research Foundation of Harbin Institute of Technology at Weihai (No. HIT(WH)201409 and No. HIT(WH)201410).
- 3.Denno, S., Umehara, D.: XOR physical layer network coding with error control techniques and its performance. Technical report of Ieice Rcs, 113 (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.Wang, S., Song, Q., Guo, L., et al.: Constellation mapping for physical-layer network coding with M-QAM modulation. In: Proceeding of IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference (GLOBALCOM) (2013)Google Scholar
- 5.Chen, Z., Ho, P.H.: QoS guaranteed energy minimization over two-way relaying networks. Mathematics (2016)Google Scholar
- 6.Wang, L., Wu, Z.: BER analysis of physical layer network coding with PSK modulations for two-way relay channels. In: Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Signal Processing, Communication and Computing (ICSPCC) (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Li, B., Wang, G., Yang, H., Liu, R.: Combined orthogonal physical-layer network coding in two-way relay communications. J. Harbin Inst. Technol. 45, 12–16 (2013)Google Scholar
- 9.Liu, J., Tao, M., Xu, Y., et al: Superimposed XOR: a new physical layer network coding scheme for two-way relay channels. In: Proceedings of IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference (GLOBALCOM) (2009)Google Scholar
- 10.Ouyang, Y., Jia, X., Fu, H., et al.: Adaptive jointing superposition and denoising-and-forward physical layer network coding. China Commun. 8, 43–51 (2011)Google Scholar
- 11.Li, B., Wang, G., Chong, H.J.P., et al.: Performance of physical-layer network coding in asymmetric two-way relay channels. China Commun. 10, 65–73 (2013)Google Scholar
- 12.Wu, D.: The design and study of signal detection of massive MIMO. Master’s thesis, Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin, China (2015)Google Scholar
- 14.Cai, I., Dai, N., Dai, M.: Improved detection algorithm MMSE-SIC in narrowband Rayleigh fast fading channel. Dig TV 37, 4–6 (2013)Google Scholar
- 15.Yang, Z.: Researches on superposition coded modulation in wireless communication system. Master’s thesis, Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications, Chongqing, China (2012)Google Scholar