A Sliding Window Fusion Location Algorithm Based on WI-FI/PDR
In order to improve the accuracy of indoor localization, this paper presents a fusion positioning algorithm using the sliding window method based on Wi-Fi and PDR. The algorithm can not only provide the user’s initial position accurately, but also correct the position error of the indoor turning points, so it can correct the cumulative error generated by PDR and improve the positioning accuracy. The experiment results show that the average localization error of the proposed algorithm is lower than Wi-Fi fingerprinting approach and PDR approach. At the same time, the error of turning point has been greatly corrected.
KeywordsWi-Fi PDR Fusion position Initial location
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (61471077).
- 1.Agarwal, N., Basch, J., Beckmann, P., Bharti, P., Bloebaum, S., Casadei, S., Chou, A., Enge, P., Fong, W., Hathi, N., Mann, W., Sahai, A., Stone, J., Tsitsiklis, J., Van Roy, B.: Algorithms for GPS operation indoors and downtown. GPS Solutions 6(3), 149–160 (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Bahl, P., Padmanabhan, V.N.: RADAR: an in-building RF-based user location and tracking system. In: INFOCOM 2000, Proceedings of Nineteenth Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies, vol. 2, pp. 775–784. IEEE (2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Čapkun, S., Hamdi, M., Hubaux, J.P.: GPS-free positioning in mobile ad hoc networks. Cluster Comput. 5(2), 157–167 (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Chen, L.H., Wu, H.K., Jin, M.H., Chen, G.H.: Intelligent fusion of Wi-Fi and inertial sensor-based positioning systems for indoor pedestrian navigation. Sens. J. IEEE 14(11), 4034–4042 (2014)Google Scholar
- 5.Hu, Y., Liao, X., Lu, Q., Xu, S., Zhu, W.: A segment-based fusion algorithm of WiFi fingerprinting and pedestrian dead reckoning. In: 2016 IEEE/CIC International Conference on Communications in China (ICCC), pp. 1–6, July 2016Google Scholar
- 6.Kourogi, M., Ishikawa, T., Kurata, T.: A method of pedestrian dead reckoning using action recognition. In: Position Location and Navigation Symposium, pp. 85–89 (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Peterson, L.: K-nearest neighbor. Scholarpedia 4(2), 1883 (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Tran, Q., Tantra, J.W., Foh, C.H., Tan, A.H., Yow, K.C., Qiu, D.: Wireless indoor positioning system with enhanced nearest neighbors in signal space algorithm. In: Vehicular Technology Conference, VTC-2006 Fall, pp. 1–5. IEEE (2006)Google Scholar