A Localized Critical-Node Detection Algorithm Based on Partial Routing Information in Swarming FANET
In the swarming unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) system integrated flying ad-hoc network (FANET), efficient and reliable critical nodes (the nodes whose removal will disconnect the network) detection is an important issue at present. In this paper, we proposed a localized critical nodes detection algorithm based on partial routing information (CNDPR), in which the to-be-detected target nodes require to communicate only with its 1-hop neighbors. The demonstration and simulation results indicate CNDPR has lower transmission overhead and time delay than several other typical algorithms, with a competitive accuracy.
KeywordsFANET Swarming Critical node CNDPR
The authors would like to express their high appreciations to the supports from the Natural Science Foundation of Guangdong Province (2016A030313661) and Basic Research Project of Shenzhen (JCYJ20150625142543458 and JCYJ20150403161923521).
- 1.Jain, M., Chand, S.: Issues and challenges in node connectivity in mobile Ad Hoc networks: a holistic review. Wireless Eng. Technol. 07(1), 24–35 (2016)Google Scholar
- 2.Duque-Antón, M., Bruyaux, F., Semal, P.: Measuring the survivability of a network: connectivity and res-connectivity. Euro. Trans. Telecommun. 11(2), 149–159 (2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Goyal, D., Caffery, J.: Partitioning avoidance in mobile Ad Hoc networks using network survivability concepts. In: Seventh International Symposium on Computers and Communications, pp. 553–558 (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Dagdeviren, O., Akram, V.K., Tavli, B., et al.: Distributed detection of critical nodes in wireless sensor networks using connected dominating set. In: IEEE Sensors (2016). https://doi.org/10.1109/icsens.2016.7808815
- 5.Akkaya, K., Thimmapuram, A., Senel, F., et al.: Distributed recovery of actor failures in wireless sensor and actor networks. In: Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC), pp. 2480–2485 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Xiong, S., Li, J.: An efficient algorithm for cut vertex detection in wireless sensor networks. In: IEEE, International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems, pp. 368–377 (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Reynolds, C.W.: Flocks, herds, and schools: a distributed behavioral model. ACM SIGGRAPH Comput. Graphics 21(4), 25–34 (1987)Google Scholar