Study of the Magnetic Field Strength in the Eight-Figure Coils
Along with the progress of the technology, people have an increasing demand of electricity. In the process of power transmission, the copper loss and wire aging will bring hidden trouble to the equipment. On special occasions, such as mining engineering and underwater working, the traditional power transmission system with wire will lead fatal harm to the workers. In this case, the technology of wireless power transmission has received more and more attention from all over the world. In this paper, an eight-figure coil is designed and analyzed to apply in wireless power transmission system. Compared with the circular coil and square coil, the eight-figure coil will generate relatively uniform magnetic field. When this coil is applied in wireless power transmission system, it will reduce the effect on the coil misalignment to the power transmission efficiency. Thus, it will broaden the application range of the wireless power transmission system.
KeywordsEight-figure coil Uniform magnetic field Wireless power transmission system
This research was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (61601329) and Applied Basic Research Program of Tianjin (15JCYBJC52300).
- 1.Inoue, R., Miyagi, D., Tsuda, M., Matsuki, H.: High-efficiency transmission of a wireless power transmission system for low-frequency using REBCO double-pancake coils. IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond. 27(1), 1–6 (2017)Google Scholar
- 2.Imani, M.F., Grbic, A.: Unidirectional wireless power transfer using near-field plates. J. Appl. Phys. 117(18), 184903 (2015)Google Scholar
- 3.Zhang, X., Ho, S.L., Fu, W.N.: Quantitative design and analysis of relay resonators in wireless power transfer system. IEEE Trans. Magn. 48(11), 4026–4029 (2012)Google Scholar
- 4.Zhang, X., Ho, S.L., Fu, W.N.: Quantitative analysis of a wireless power transfer cell with planar spiral structures. IEEE Trans. Magn. 47(10), 3200–3203 (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Lomas, R.: The Man Who Invented the Twentieth Century – Nikola Tesla – Forgotten Genius of Electricity, p. 146. Headline Book Publishing, London (1999)Google Scholar
- 6.Zhang, X., Ho, S.L., Fu, W.N.: Analysis and optimization of magnetically coupled resonators for wireless power transfer. IEEE Trans. Magn. 48(11), 4511–4513 (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Zhang, G., Wang, X., Zou, X., et al.: Research on wireless power transmission system for coal mine wireless sensor networks. Metall. Min. Ind. 9, 1151–1156 (2015)Google Scholar
- 8.Oiler, J., Anderson, G., Bana, V., et al.: Thermal and biofouling effects on underwater wireless power transfer. In: Wireless Power Transfer Conference, pp. 1–4. IEEE (2015)Google Scholar
- 9.Kurs, A., Karalis, A., Moffatt, R., Joannopoulos, J.D., Fisher, P., Soljacic, M.: Wireless power transfer via strongly coupled magnetic resonances. Science 317(5834), 83–86 (2007)Google Scholar