Rainfall Attenuation Characteristic Analysis in Ka-band Satellite Communication System
Using Ka-band (30/20 GHz) to form a satellite communication system is the development trend of satellite communications in the future, and it is significant for the future development of China’s satellite communications to research and develop the Ka-band satellite communication system. But the rainfall attenuation is one of the important factors affecting the transmission quality in Ka-band satellite communication system. This paper analyzes the effects of altitude, radio frequency and satellite position on rainfall attenuation based on the rainfall rate of major cities in China, according to the rainfall attenuation prediction model given by ITU-R. The results can be used to design the Ka-band satellite communication system to reduce the influence of rainfall attenuation.
KeywordsKa-band Satellite communication system Rainfall attenuation
This paper is funded by the International Exchange Program of Harbin Engineering University for Innovation Oriented Talents Cultivation, International Science & Technology Cooperation Program of China (2014 DFR10240), National Natural Science Foundation of China (612111070), China Postdoctoral Science Foundation (2013T60346), Harbin Science and Technology Research Projects (P083313026), Natural Science Foundation of Heilongjiang Province (P083014025).
- 1.Xing, T., Dou, Z., Jin, Z., Lin, Y.: Improvement of PSK signal carrier frequency estimation based on Hilbert-Huang transform. Appl. Sci. Technol. 04, 37–42 (2015)Google Scholar
- 2.DelRe, E., Ronga, L.S., Piercucci, L.: Trends in satellite communications. In: IEEE International Conference on Communications, pp. 2983–2988, New York City, NY, USA (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Chen, D.: New generation Ka-band communication satellite. Int. Space 05, 8–11 (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Zhang, Y., Deng, G.: Influence of rainfall on Ka-band satellite communication and countermeasures. Haihe Water Resour. 02, 26–27 (2001)Google Scholar
- 5.Guo, Q.: Satellite Communication System. The Publishing House of Electronics Industry, Beijing (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Wang, Y., Da, X.: Ka-band satellite communication diversity and adaptive anti-rain attenuation technology. Telecommun. Technol. 50(9), 125–129 (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Qiu, S., Chen, J.: Conversion formula of rainfall rate at different points in typical region of China. J. Radio Sci. 12(1), 112-11 (1997)Google Scholar