Research on Threshold Selection Algorithm for Adaptive Modulation and Coding Scheme
With the satellite communication as a key technology to achieve global seamless coverage, how to meet the different types of business needs and achieve reliable transmission of information under the conditions of limited resources have become an important issue that we need to face currently. Adaptive modulation and coding technology has good link adaptive effect in the satellite mobile communication fading channel. By assessing the merits of the channel state, the sender changes the various parameters of signal dynamically to achieve the purpose of improving system performance in different channel environments. Therefore, in order to make the system have the best adaptive transmission effect, it is necessary to select the most suitable MCS. In this paper, we first discuss the MCS selection algorithm, and simulate in the three different satellite channel environments to determine the thresholds of modulation and coding scheme.
KeywordsAdaptive modulation and coding SNR Threshold Satellite communication
This paper is funded by the International Exchange Program of Harbin Engineering University for Innovation Oriented Talents Cultivation, International Science & Technology Cooperation Program of China (2014 DFR10240), National Natural Science Foundation of China (612111070), China Postdoctoral Science Foundation (2013T60346), Harbin Science and Technology Research Projects (P083313026), Natural Science Foundation of Heilongjiang Province (P083014025).
- 1.Weerackody, V.: Adaptive coding and modulation for satellite communication links in the presence of channel estimation errors. In: IEEE Military Communications Conference, San Diego, CA, USA, pp. 622–627 (2013)Google Scholar
- 2.Pinyoanuntapong, K.: Boundaries of signal-to-noise ratio for adaptive code modulations. In: IEEE Military Communications Conference, Baltimore, MD, USA, pp. 132–137 (2016)Google Scholar
- 3.Niu, H., He, Y.: An effective threshold switching algorithm for satellite communication exploiting adaptive coding and modulation. In: Applied Mechanics & Materials, vol. 543–547, pp. 2664–2669 (2014)Google Scholar
- 4.Yu, X., Leung, S.: Performance analysis of rate-adaptive modulation with imperfect estimation in space–time coded MIMO system. Wirel. Pers. Commun. 57, 181–194 (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Si, J., Huang, H., Li, Z.: Performance analysis of adaptive modulation in cognitive relay network with cooperative spectrum sensing. IEEE Trans. Commun. 62(7), 2198–2211 (2014)Google Scholar
- 6.Xing, T., Dou, Z., Jin, Z., Lin, Y.: Improvement of PSK signal carrier frequency estimation based on Hilbert-Huang transform. Appl. Sci. Technol. 04, 37–42 (2015)Google Scholar