Differentiated Data Transmission Based on Instantly Decodable Network Coding
In order to solve the problem of the differentiated data transmission caused by different terminal processing capabilities, we propose a method to transmit differentiated data based on the improved IDNC (instantly decodable network coding). The scheme divides data into layers according to the quality and gives a high priority to the basic layer at retransmission to ensure low delay for low-processing capability terminals. Then a heuristic largest clique algorithm maximum weight clique (MWC) is proposed to adapt to this retransmission process. Simulation results show that the method can indeed realize the differentiated transmission of data. Furthermore, the proposed MWC algorithm can significantly reduce retransmission times compared to the traditional retransmission method without IDNC.
KeywordsDifferentiated data transmission Instantly decodable network coding (IDNC) Largest clique algorithm
This work was supported by the 863 Program of China under Grant No. 2015AA01A703, the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities under grant No. 2014ZD03-02, NSFC (No. 61571055, 61171104), fund of SKL of MMW (No. K201815).
- 1.Li, X., Wang, C.C., Lin, X.: Optimal immediately-decodable inter-session network coding (IDNC) schemes for two unicast sessions with hard deadline constraints. In: Communication, Control, and Computing, pp. 784–791. IEEE (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Keshtkarjahromi, Y., Seferoglu, H., Ansari, R., et al.: Content-aware instantly decodable network coding over wireless networks. In: International Conference on Computing, Networking and Communications, pp. 803–809. IEEE (2015)Google Scholar
- 3.Magli, E., Wang, M., Frossard, P., et al.: Network coding meets multimedia: a review. IEEE Trans. Multimed. 15(5), 1195–1212 (2012)Google Scholar
- 4.Le, A., Tehrani, A.S., Dimakis, A.G., et al.: Instantly decodable network codes for real-time applications. In: International Symposium on Network Coding, pp. 1–6 (2013)Google Scholar
- 5.Sadeghi, P., Traskov, D., Koetter, R.: Adaptive network coding for broadcast channels. In: Workshop on Network Coding, Theory, and Applications, NetCod 2009, pp. 80–85. IEEE (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Aboutorab, N., Sadeghi, P., Sorour, S.: Enabling a tradeoff between completion time and decoding delay in instantly decodable network coded systems. IEEE Trans. Commun. 62(4), 1296–1309 (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Rozner, E., Iyer, A.P., Mehta, Y., et al.: ER: efficient retransmission scheme for wireless LANs. In: ACM Conference on Emerging Network Experiment and Technology, CONEXT 2007, New York, NY, USA, December, 2007, p. 8. DBLP (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Hai, L., Wang, H., Wang, J.: Instantly decodable network coding for multiple unicast retransmissions in wireless point-to-multipoint networks. IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol. 65(8), 6232–6243 (2016)Google Scholar
- 9.Karim, M.S., Sadeghi, P., Sorour, S., et al.: Instantly decodable network coding for real-time scalable video broadcast over wireless networks. EURASIP J. Adv. Sig. Process. 2016(1), 3 (2016)Google Scholar