Improved A-star Algorithm with Least Turn for Robotic Rescue Operations
Nowadays, the robots are widely used in many areas, where Human life cannot be compromised. In the Rescue operation, the robots need to search for the trapped humans. The A-star algorithm and it’s variations like Iterative Deepening A-star (IDA-star), Jump Point Search (JPS), etc. are the most popular algorithm in the field of Path-finding in Maze. In those rescue operations, the efficient path between the robot and the trapped person need to be found. But due to their heuristic nature, one cannot predict that whether the output of those algorithms will be cost-efficient or not. Here we are presenting a modified cost function of A-star algorithm in such a way that it will produce a path with less number of rotations.
KeywordsMaze search Robotic rescue A-star algorithm
- 2.Dong, Z., Li, M.: A routing method of ad hoc networks based on A-star algorithm. In: International Conference on Networks Security, Wireless Communications and Trusted Computing (2009). doi: 10.1109/NSWCTC.2009.21
- 4.Joshi, H., Shinde, J.: An image based path planning using A-star algorithm. Int. J. Emerg. Res. Manag. Technol. 3(5), 127–131 (2014)Google Scholar
- 5.Liu, X., Gong, D.: A comparative study of A-star algorithms for search and rescue in perfect maze. In: Electric Information and Control Engineering (ICEICE) (2011). doi: 10.1109/ICEICE.2011.5777723
- 6.Terzimehic, T., Silajdzic, S., Vajnberger, V., Velagic, J., Osmic, N.: Path finding simulator for mobile robot navigation. In: International Symposium on Information, Communication and Automation Technologies (2011). doi: 10.1109/ICAT.2011.6102086
- 7.Yao, J., Lin, C., Xie, X., Wang, A., Hung, C.: Path planning for virtual human motion using improved A* algorithm. In: Seventh International Conference on Information Technology (2010). doi: 10.1109/ITNG.2010.53