DNA as an Electromagnetic Fractal Cavity Resonator: Its Universal Sensing and Fractal Antenna Behavior
- 970 Downloads
We report that 3D-A-DNA structure behaves as a fractal antenna, which can interact with the electromagnetic fields over a wide range of frequencies. Using the lattice details of human DNA, we have modeled radiation of DNA as a helical antenna. The DNA structure resonates with the electromagnetic waves at 34 GHz, with a positive gain of 1.7 dBi. We have also analyzed the role of three different lattice symmetries of DNA and the possibility of soliton-based energy transmission along the structure.
KeywordsBiological living system Antenna DNA vibration
J.E. Lugo thanks the magnetophotonics material SEP-PRODEP grant.
- 3.Alexandrov, B.S., Gelev, V., Bishop, A.R., Usheva, A., Rasmussen, K.O.: DNA breathing dynamics in the presence of a terahertz field. 29 October 2009. http://arxiv.org/abs/0910.5294
- 7.Sage C, Carpenter D (Eds.) A scientific perspective on health risk of electromagnetic fields. Published online 31 August 2007 at: http://www.bioinitiative.org/report/index.htm
- 12.Dewarrat, F. C.: Electric characterization of DNA thesis (2002). https://nanoelectronics.unibas.ch/…/theses/Dewarrat-PhD-Thesis.pdf
- 13.Flock, S., Labarbe, R., Houssier, C.: Dielectric constant and ionic strength effects on DNA precipitation. Biophys. J. 70, 1456–1465 (1996)Google Scholar
- 14.Thomson William, T., Dahleh Dillon, M.: Theory of vibration with applications. 5th edition (1998)Google Scholar
- 17.Reshetnyak, S.A., Shcheglov, V.A., Blagodatskikh, V.I., Gariaev, P.P., Maslov, MYu.: Mechanisms of interaction of electromagnetic radiation with a biosystem. Laser Phys. 6(4), 621–653 (1996)Google Scholar
- 18.Zaks, M.: Fractal fourier spectra in dynamic system. Instituted fur Physik (2001). https://publishup.uni-potsdam.de/opus4-ubp/files/145/zaks.pd