A Prototype for Image Tamper Detection with Self-generated Verification Code Using Gödelization
Smart gadgets like mobile phones, camcorders, handy digicams, and the availability of sophisticated photo editing tools have eased the process of forgeries in this digital era. The forged digital images are increasing at a rapid rate and so are the legal issues attached with them. As the technology is increasing, the methods adopted for creating digital forgeries and cyber crimes are posing a great threat to the security, integrity, and authenticity. Several researchers have proposed many techniques for detecting and identifying such illegal issues like image tampering, image forgery. The paper addresses this problem of image tamper detection by embedding a unique verification code generated from the image using Gödelization technique which acts as in-camera fingerprint of the image. It works for color images. This is a very simple method to implement which needs very low computation and memory space.
KeywordsGödelization Image forgery Image acquisition Tamper detection Verification code In-camera fingerprints
- 1.Zhouchen Lin, Junfeng He, Xiaoou Tang, Chi-Keung Tang, “Fast, automatic and fine-grained tampered JPEG image detection via DCT coefficient analysis”, Pattern Recognition 42 (2009) 2492–2501.Google Scholar
- 2.P. Raja Mani, D. Lalitha Bhaskari, “A Secured Approach for Watermark Embedding using Key based Gödelization Technique under Spatial and Frequency Domains”, IJCA (0975–8887) Volume 95–No. 19, June 2014.Google Scholar
- 3.D.N.D. Harini, D. Lalitha Bhaskari, “Image retrieval System Based on Feature extraction and relevance Feedback”, Proceedings of ACM by Intl. Conf CUBE 2012, Pune Sep 3–5,2012,978-1-4503-1185, pp 69–73, doi 10.1145/2381716.2381731.
- 4.D. Lalitha Bhaskari, P. S. Avadhani, A. Damodaram, “A Combinatorial Approach for Information Hiding Using Steganography And Gödelization Techniques” in the Journal of IJSCI(International Journal of Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics), pgs 21–24, ISSN 0973-4864.Google Scholar
- 5.P. Raja Mani, D. Lalitha Bhaskari, “Gödelization and SVD Based Image Watermarking under Wavelet Domain”, Proc. of Int. Conf. on Front. of Intell. Comput., AISC 199, pp. 675–681, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2013.Google Scholar
- 6.J. Adams, “Interaction between color plane interpolation and other image processing functions in electronic photography,” in Proc. SPIE Cameras Systems for Electronic Photography Scientific Imaging, San Jose, CA, Feb. 1995, vol. 2415, pp. 144–151.Google Scholar
- 7.J. Adams, K. Parulski, and K. Spaulding, “Color processing in digital cameras,” IEEE Micro., vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 20–30, Nov./Dec. 1998.Google Scholar
- 8.A. Swaminathan, M. Wu, and K. J. R. Liu, “Non-intrusive component forensics of visual sensors using output images,” IEEE Trans. Inf. Forensics Security, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 91–106, Mar. 2007.Google Scholar