Configuration Design and Kinematics Research of Scissor Unit Deployable Mechanism
Scissor unit deployable mechanism is widely used in aerospace and architecture, and the configuration design and kinematics analysis are two important problems that need to be solved in the application process. The first order and second order influence coefficient matrices are derived by coordinate transform. Kinematics analysis model and its calculating examples are presented, and the displacement, velocity and acceleration of all the hinged points are calculated. Moreover, the numerical example is used to verify the effectiveness of analysis method which also presented in this paper.
KeywordsScissor unit deployable mechanism Configuration design Influence coefficient matrices Kinematics analysis model
The authors gratefully acknowledge the financial support of the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 51175422).
- 2.Gan WW, Pellegrino S (2006) Numerical approach to the kinematic analysis of deployable structures forming a closed loop. Proc Inst Mech Eng Part C 220(7):1045–1056Google Scholar
- 3.Liew JYR, Krishnapillai A (2009) Deployable structures: US, US 20090199503 A1 2009Google Scholar
- 4.Pinero EP (1961) A reticular movable theatre. Architects’ J 134:299Google Scholar
- 5.Escrig F, Brebbia CA (1996) Mobile and rapidly assembled structures II, 1st edn. Computational and Mechanics Publications, SouthamptonGoogle Scholar
- 7.Chen X (2000) Deployment Simulation and dynamic response analysis and structures design for deployable trusses. Zhejiang University, HangZhou (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 8.Chong Zhang, Sanmin Wang, Yuan Ru (2007) On elasto dynamic characteristics of space deployable mechanism. Mech Sci Technol Aerosp Eng 26(11):1479–1482Google Scholar
- 11.Duffy J (1980) Analysis of mechanisms and robot manipulators. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 12.Mohamed MG, Duffy J (1985) A direct determination of the instantaneous kinematics of fully-parallel robot manipulators. ASME paper 84-DET-114Google Scholar