A Novel Approach for Copy Move Forgery Detection Using Template Matching
Digital Photographs are most powerful and trustworthy media for conveying thoughts, emotions or message. Even only a single image is sufficient to reflect every situation or scenario. During past few years, various digital image manipulation tools came into picture and number is increasing. Editing software is available either at nominal rate or free of cost. Edit or alter any digital image for fun and other purposes is now a common practice. Sometimes need arises to check authenticity and originality of image. Digital image forensics plays an important role in this situation. Out of several image forgery methods Copy Move Forgery is one of the easy and effective method. Copy Move Forgery can be used with the intention of either to hide something in the image or to duplicate one region in an image. A study has been carried out to identify suitable scheme for detection of Copy Move Forgery especially in coloured digital images. The proposed scheme uses the concept of template matching.
KeywordsDigital forensics Digital image Image forgery Copy-move forgery Digital image Cloning
- 1.H. Suryavanshi and P. Bansal, “Design and Implementation of an Improved Cryptographic Algorithm using UNICODE and Universal Colors,” Current Trends in Information and Technology, vol. 3, no. 1, 2013.Google Scholar
- 2.G. Fenu and F. Solinas, “Computer forensics between the italian legislation and pragmatic questions,” International Journal of Cyber-Security and Digital Forensics, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 9–24, 2013.Google Scholar
- 3.V. Shah and P. Bansal, “CDCD-5 an Improved Mobile Forensics Model,” International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technology & Security, vol. 2, no.4, pp. 739–741, Aug. 2012.Google Scholar
- 4.Digital Forensics, available at: http://www.cyberforensics.purdue.edu. Accessed on September, 2014.
- 5.Digital image forensics, available at: http://www.eurecom.fr/publication/3251. Accessed on November, 2014.
- 6.X. Pan and S. Lyu, “Region Duplication Detection Using Image-Feature Matching,” IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 857–867, Dec. 2010.Google Scholar
- 7.H. Farid “A survey of image forgery detection,” IEEE Signal Process. Mag., vol. 2, no. 26, pp. 16–25, 2009.Google Scholar
- 8.R. Singh, A. Oberoi, N. Goel, “Copy Move Forgery Detection on Digital Images,” International Journal of Computer Applications, vol. 98, no. 9, pp-17–22, July 2014.Google Scholar
- 9.A. Gupta, N. Saxena, S.K. Vasistha, “Detecting Copy move Forgery using DCT,” International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, vol. 3, issue 5, May 2013.Google Scholar
- 10.J. Zhang and Z. Feng, Y. Su, “A New Approach for Detecting Copy-Move Forgery in Digital Images,” in Proc. IEEE International Conference on Computational Science, 2008, pp-362–366, 2008.Google Scholar
- 11.X. Pan and S. Lyu, “Detecting image region duplication using sift features,” in Proc. IEEE International Conference on Acoustics Speech and Signal Processing, pp. 1706–1709, 2010.Google Scholar
- 12.I. Amerini, L. Ballan, R. Caldelli, A. Del Bimbo and G. Serra, “A SIFT-Based Forensic Method for Copy–Move-Attack Detection and Transformation Recovery,” IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 1099–1110, Sep. 2011.Google Scholar
- 13.B. Liu and Chi-Man Pu, “A SIFT and Local Features Based Integrated Method for Copy-Move Attack Detection in Digital Image,” IEEE International conference on Information and Automation China, pp. 865–868, August 2013.Google Scholar
- 14.N. Muhammad, M. Hussain, G. Muhamad, and G. Bebis, “A Non-intrusive Method for Copy-Move Forgery Detection,” Springer International Symposium on Visual Computing, pp. 516–525, 2011.Google Scholar
- 15.N. Perveen, D. Kumar and I. Bhardwaj, “An Overview on Template Matching Methodologies and its Applications,” International Journal of Research in Computer and Communication Technology, vol. 2, issue 10, pp. 988–995, October- 2013.Google Scholar
- 16.A. Kumar, A. Joshi, A. Kumar, A. Mittal and D R Gangodkar, “Template Matching Application In Geo-Referencing Of Remote Sensing Temporal Image,” International Journal of Signal Processing, Image Processing and Pattern Recognition, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 201–210, 2014.Google Scholar
- 17.A. Mahmood, S. Khan, “Correlation Coefficient Based Fast Template Matching Through Partial Elimination,” IEEE Transactions On Image Processing, 11 August, 2010.Google Scholar