A SVM-Based Feature Extraction for Face Recognition
Social computing, a cross science of computational science and social science, is affecting people’s learning, work and life recently. Face recognition is going deep into every field of social life, and the feature extraction is particularly important. Linear Discriminant Analysis (LDA) is an effective feature extraction method. However, the traditional LDA cannot solve the nonlinear problem and small sample problem existing in high dimensional space. In this paper, the method of the Support Vector-based Direct Discriminant Analysis (SVDDA) is proposed. It incorporates SVM algorithm into LDA, extends SVM to nonlinear eigenspace, and optimizes eigenvalue to improve performance. Moreover, this paper combines SVDDA with the social computing theory. The experiments were tested on different face datasets. Compared with other existing methods, SVDDA has higher robustness and optimal performance.
KeywordsDiscriminant analysis Face recognition Support vector machine Feature extraction
This research was funded by science technology research of Heilongjiang provincial education department under Grant No. 11551086.
- 3.Zhao, W., Krishnaswamy, A., Chellappa, R., Swets, D.L., Weng, J.: Discriminant analysis of principal components for face recognition. In: Wechsler, H., Phillips, P.J., Bruce, V., Soulié, F.F., Huang, T.S. (eds.) Face Recognition: From Theory to Applications. NATO ASI Series, pp. 73–85. Springer, Heidelberg (1998)Google Scholar
- 5.Müller, K., Mika, S., Rtsch, G.: An introduction to kernel-based learning algorithms. IEEE Trans. Neural Networks 21, 181–201 (2001)Google Scholar
- 10.Li, F.-g., Liang, Y., Gao, X.-z.: Research on text categorization based on LDA-wSVM model. Appl. Res. Comput. 32(1), 21–25 (2015)Google Scholar
- 11.Yang, L.-y., Qin, A.: Face recognition algorithms based on uncorrelated multilinear PCA. Radio Commun. Technol. 42(1), 73–75 (2016)Google Scholar
- 12.Dong, Y., Xu, Y.-b., Zhuo, L., et al.: Research on spam identification based on social computing and machine learning. J. Shandong Univ. (Nat. Sci.) 48(7), 72–78 (2013)Google Scholar
- 13.Meng, X.-f., Li, Y., Zhu, J.J.H.: Social computing in the era of big data: opportunities and challenges. J. Comput. Res. Develop. 50(12), 2483–2491 (2013)Google Scholar