HMM Based Duration Control for Singing TTS
In order to develop a HMM based singing TTS system, we need a huge singing voice database to train HMM model parameters. However there is no singing voice database publically available and the construction of it is much more difficult than that of speech database. In this paper we propose a new method to improve the naturalness of singing TTS system using HMM models from speech database. Duration control model based on the syllabic analysis is applied to adapt speech duration model to singing duration model. The proposed method results in better singing voice quality compared to the maximum likelihood generation of durations using the speech database.
KeywordsDuration control HMM Singing TTS
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kenmochi, H., Ohshita, H.: VOCALOID-commercial singing synthesizer based on sample concatenation. In: INTERSPEECH, Antwerp, Belgium, pp. 4009–4010 (2007)Google Scholar
- 2.Kenmochi, H.: Singing synthesis as a new musical instrument. In: ICASSP, Kyoto, Japan, pp. 5385–5388 (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.Saino, K., Zen, H., Nankaku, Y., Lee, A., Tokuda, K.: An HMM-based singing voice synthesis system. In: INTERSPEECH, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, pp. 2274–2277 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Oura, K., Mase, A., Yamada, T., Muto, S., Nankaku, Y., Tokuda, K.: Recent development of the HMM-based singing voice synthesis system-Sinsy. In: SSW, pp. 211–216 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Nakamura, K., Oura, K., Nankaku, Y., Tokuda, K.: HMM-Based singing voice synthesis and its application to Japanese and English. In: ICASSP, Florence, Italy, pp. 265-269 (2014)Google Scholar
- 6.Shirota, K., Nakamura, K., Hashimoto, K., Oura, K., Nankaku, Y., Tokuda, K.: Integration of speaker and pitch adaptive training for HMM-based singing voice synthesis. In: ICASSP, Florence, Italy, pp. 2559–2563 (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Zen, H., Nose, T., Yamagishi, J., Sako, S., Masuko, T., Black, A.W., et al.: The HMM-based speech synthesis system (HTS) version 2.0. In: SSW, pp. 294–299 (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.CMU_ARCTIC speech synthesis databases. http://festvox.org/cmu_arctic/