Internationalising the Curriculum in Education
Reflecting on the internationalising of higher education, Josef Mestenhauser (2011) observed, ‘educational systems are defined by two contradictory goals: first by the need to protect tradition and second, to lead society into the future’. This statement is particularly pertinent to those who teach in the discipline of education. As a discipline education poses interesting challenges for IoC.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Arkoudis, S., Watty, K., Baik, C., Yu, X., Borland, H., Chang, … Pearce, A. (2012). Finding common ground: Enhancing interaction between domestic and international students in higher education. Teaching in Higher Education, 18(3), 222–235.Google Scholar
- Barnett, R. (1992). Improving higher education: Total quality care. Berkshire, UK: Open University Press.Google Scholar
- Leask, B. (2008). Internationalisation, globalisation, and curriculum innovation. In M. Hellstén & A. M. Reid (Eds.), Researching international pedagogies: Sustainable practice for teaching and learning in higher education. London, UK: Springer Publisher.Google Scholar
- Leask, B., & Bridge, C. (2013). Comparing internationalisation of the curriculum in action across disciplines: Theoretical and practical perspectives. Compare: A Journal of Comparative and International Education, 43(1), 79–101.Google Scholar
- McBurnie, G., & Ziguras, C. (2006). Transnational education: Issues and trends in offshore higher education. London, UK: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Mestenhauser, J. (2011). Reflections on the past, present, and future of internationalizing higher education: Discovering opportunities to meet the challenges. Global Programs and Strategy Alliance at the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN.Google Scholar
- Toohey, D., McGill, T., & Jarzabkowski, L. (2013). Satisfaction of IT Academics with transnational education (TNE). In 24th Australasian Conference on Information Systems (ACIS), December 4–6 2013, Melbourne, Australia.Google Scholar
- Wallace, M., & Dunn, L. (2013). Teaching in transnational higher education: Enhancing learning for offshore international students. New York, NY: Routledge.Google Scholar