Electrophysical Characteristics of Polystyrene/MWCNTs Composites Ordered by a Magnetostatic Field
Polymeric films based on polystyrene filled with multiwalled carbon nanotubes, either pristine, oxidized, or chemically (or adsorption) modified with vinyltriethoxysilane have been studied. An external magnetic field with different orientations of the force lines with respect to the film surface was applied to regulate the filler orientation within the polymer matrix during preparation. The effect of the nature of the filler surface layer on the electrophysical characteristics of the nanocomposites was investigated below the percolation point.
KeywordsCarbon nanotubes Polystyrene films Conductivity Dielectric permittivity
- 4.Bolbukh YM, Gun’ko GS, Prikhod’ko GP, Tertykh VA (2009) J Nanostruct Polym Nanocomposit 5:14Google Scholar
- 7.Sementsov YІ, Melezhіk AV, Prіkhod’ko GP et al (2007) Physics and chemіstry of nanomaterіals and supramolecular structures, vol 2. Naukova Dumka, Kyіv, p 116Google Scholar
- 8.Gunko GS, Bolbukh YM, Prikhod’ko GP, Tertykh VA (2009) Chem Phys Technol Surf 15:343Google Scholar
- 9.George JJ, Bhadra S, Bhowmick AK (2010) Polym Compos 2:218Google Scholar
- 13.Pradhan DK, Choudhary RNP, Samantaray BK (2008) Int J Electrochem Sci 3:597Google Scholar