A CAD Tool for Remote Calibration of Space Station Robotic Test Bed
This paper describes the evolution of a CAD programming tool for remote video calibration of the Internal Automation & Robotics Technology Test Bed (IARTTB) available in the WKR Section at ESTEC. First the correspondence between the CAD model of the workcell in the off-line programming system and the real world is created. Then the robot is remotely calibrated with respect to the two racks present in the workcell by using a video camera on the end effector. A software package with a user-friendly interface has been developed to carry out the calibration procedure in a systematic way.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Z.S. Roth, B.W. Moring, B. Ravani, “An overview of robot calibration,”IEEE J. of Robotics and Automation, 1987.Google Scholar
- S. Hayati, K. Tso, G. Roston, “Robot geometry calibration,”IEEE J. of Robotics and Automation, 1988.Google Scholar
- J.M. Hollerbach, “A survey of kinematics calibration,”The Robotics Review, 1, MIT Press, 1989.Google Scholar
- D.C. Lowe, “Three-dimensional object recognition from single two-dimensional images,”Artificial Intelligence, 31, Elsevier Science Publishers, 1987.Google Scholar
- G. Iodice, S. Illiano,Video Calibration of Internal A&B Technology Test Bed IARTTB, ESTEC Working Paper n. 1721, 1993.Google Scholar